Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I presume that the posted pictures are from 'shops at AURA'. That being so, I dread the thought as to what the homeowners, like myself, will face.

Hopefully, these deficiencies will be corrected within 30 day period.

More Quick Cellphone Shots by me

8104163242_256b179c80_c.jpg

8105420877_76303ba1bd_h.jpg

8105510554_e80f732d16_c.jpg

Last edited:
is there not a supervisor or some one checking their work as they go?

Such deficiencies could be seen even in the highest end projects to go up in the GTA ... the test will be to see what it looks like in a year or so ... generally ALL OF THESE THINGS get addressed .....

There is a huge push to get it open, they have deadlines to meet, this is the same as most other projects but it applies here even more so as they have dates they need to meet for the retal outlets.

I would be honestly surprised if most (not all) of those deficiencies don't get fixed.

Such deficiencies could be seen even in the highest end projects to go up in the GTA

this is totally false. the high end projects never have deficiencies like this.

... the test will be to see what it looks like in a year or so ... generally ALL OF THESE THINGS get addressed .....

these kinds of things are never addressed in Canderel Stoneridge/G+C projects. they are simply left. wander past ROCP sometime if you'd like confirmation.

.There is a huge push to get it open, they have deadlines to meet, this is the same as most other projects but it applies here even more so as they have dates they need to meet for the retal outlets.

oh i see, Canderel is in an unusual situation. there is a a "huge push", they have "deadlines to meet", they have "dates they need to meet".

unlike all the other developers who just kind of finish when they feel like it.

I would be honestly surprised if most (not all) of those deficiencies don't get fixed.

honest or not, do you seriously believe they are going to tear out those two irregularly cut pieces of black granite, and replace it with one piece? and that they are going to replace every bitty mullion that doesn't line up, or is a 1/4" too short? c'mon. the entire building is made up of such deficiencies. the building is itself, a deficiency.

DSC00240_zps085c121f.gif

I do honestly believe they have more pressure then the typical condo ... due to the fact their are large retail tenants that likely have contracts with large penalties if certain dates aren't meant.

Regarding other projects with deficiencies, yes it happens ! Take trump for example, the cladding, some of that has been already addressed.

Having said that I did forget this was a Canderal project ... and they do tend to let some of these deficiencies slides ... the placement of the water valve above is pretty terrible.

Okay, I won't get my hopes up.

It's quite obvious thedeepend is not a fan of Canderel since he went out of his way to take pictures of only the deficiencies of the project. Really, who does that?

No project is 100% perfect and let's be honest, how many people are actually going to pay attention to those small details? That is not to say that it's right to have such poor worksmanship, but give it a break. The project is still a work in progress.

It's quite obvious thedeepend is not a fan of Canderel since he went out of his way to take pictures of only the deficiencies of the project. Really, who does that?

No project is 100% perfect and let's be honest, how many people are actually going to pay attention to those small details? That is not to say that it's right to have such poor worksmanship, but give it a break. The project is still a work in progress.

Thedeepend may be annoyingly repetitive in his negativity, but he is also right about that workmanship. It looks very, very poor. It happens that I had a tour on Friday of a building nearing completion and while there are deficiencies to be addressed, I saw nothing like the problems in those photos.

yes, i went out of my way, and i will go further out of my way if it means that the city might start cracking down on these bottom feeding schlockmeisters, and insist that they start meeting basic minimums of design competence.

of course, in a perfect world, companies like Canderel/G+C would never be allowed to build downtown again, simply because everything about their work is so obviously substandard.

Back