Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Regardless of your perosnal feelings on Aura - google mapping the architect's office and judging them firm because they aren't in a renovated loft building on Wellington with eames reproductions... is hella horrible.

"Take a look at our office! Now you know that we're putting your money into construction!"

Regardless of your perosnal feelings on Aura - google mapping the architect's office and judging them firm because they aren't in a renovated loft building on Wellington with eames reproductions... is hella horrible.

It's not that their offices aren't in a renovated loft on Wellington. It's that their offices are in a suburban industrial plaza in the middle of one of the most uninspiring areas in Mississauga (already uninspiring to begin with). An office's appearance definitely says something about the aspirations and image of the company.

Still, its kinda snobby to judge them based on their offices.

Remember Canderel is not from Toronto, they are based in Montreal. Maybe you should Google their Montreal offices before passing judgement on their hip"ness" or lack thereof.

Ground level

8081073448_b87f739e32_b.jpg

I'm kind oh glad the BBaB is not so imposing. I thing any coloured sign could make it a bit too busy. This podium has a lot of activity already, and with signage coming, it would be nice if they all kept a fairly minimalist and consistent esthetic. Not than I'm one for normalcy, but I think it would work best here.

I remember 10 years ago some of you were discussing if Toronto was world class or not. Not yet, judging by this horror show:

http://imageshack.us/a/img842/9663/20121013141711/IMG][/QUOTE]

I'm on your side man. But this post makes no sense.

You make it seem like London or Paris or New York are perfect and without flaw. If you only want to see the flaws, that's all you're gonna see.

Toronto is an industrial city like Buffalo or Cleveland with the difference we've managed to maintain our industrial base in addition to our place in Canada and our finance and trading heritage have giving us an edge in rebuilding the look of our city.

Last edited:

Back