Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Sorry, but most of these individuals that now say that this structure is ugly half-way before topping off, are "out to lunch":eek:

Lunch sounds good, what are we having?

But seriously. i think the podium is decent, the tower's cladding looks blah from up close but from Yonge and Dundas it looks great. Plus it's really all just opinions. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so even Scarlett Johansson could be ugly to certain people* (*pronounced "idiots").

Architecture students might see Aura in a different light than the average uninformed urban enthusiast such as myself. It makes you wonder which of those 2 demographics this architecture is marketed to.

Last edited:
Sorry, but most of these individuals that now say that this structure is ugly half-way before topping off, are "out to lunch"

um, if it's ugly half way up, how can the top half save it?

the bottom half will remain ugly, even if the top half is ok.

not that it matters, because its clearly going to be consistent throughout—amateurish, artless, cheap and punishlngly ugly, top to bottom.

not that it matters, because its clearly going to be consistent throughout—amateurish, artless, cheap and punishlngly ugly, top to bottom.

OK Deep End, I know you are our resident hater, but if you can't see that a finished building could look a whole lot better than it's less than half finished self, I guess you really are just our 'resident hater' and not to be taken seriously.

I'm disappointed so far too, but I hold out hope that the top portion with it's curved facades and angled roof feature will help save the building.

Edit: Balcony glass installation will help smooth out some of the rough spots too.
I'm trying to be a little optimistic here!

Last edited:
OK Deep End, I know you are our resident hater, but if you can't see that a finished building could look a whole lot better than it's less than half finished self, I guess you really are just our 'resident hater' and not to be taken seriously.
Oh come on. Deep End isn't so 'solo' on this. There's no way this thing is going to turn around and become a beauty at this point. As I've said before, this thing doesn't have much going for it in terms of design or details other than it's height. What's ugly about it now will continue to be ugly, and it's unlikely what hasn't been built yet will turn out any better.

Last edited:

I know nothing about architect but I have to concur this is one ugly looking building. I purchased a high-floored unit but this is turning out be a major disappointment.

That said I wouldn't even put Aura and L Tower in the same sentence at this point let alone compare them.

you CAN put them in the same photo though ;)

Taken today:

8075738114_1c76258af1_h.jpg

8075741516_95e9fc9759_b.jpg

8075739378_cc21704204_c.jpg

Huh, not happy, move out while you can

I know nothing about architect but I have to concur this is one ugly looking building. I purchased a high-floored unit but this is turning out be a major disappointment.

This is going to be a beauty:cool: wait and see
thanks steveve for those pics

Last edited by a moderator:
This is going to be a beauty:cool: wait and see

I agree. Patience chaps…

I see this building as a Mustang or Corvette. Not quite so refined as a Ferrari, but equally strong and muscular.

I’m looking forward to the full height view from Yonge-Dundas Square. It will be jaw dropping for the average person.

I'm withholding final judgement until it is finished, but I feel this is a fairly solid project so far. Certainly not an architectural masterpiece, but a positive addition to the city. I really love the way the base is turning out.

wait and see

Absolutely. Too much jumping the gun goes on here. Soon people will be making their final judgement on projects by just looking at the hole in the ground.

"That hole is just a pastiche of more superior holes".
"This hole lacks the design intelligence of classic holes."
"This is such a faux hole."
"The proportions are not perfect enough to be considered an elegant hole".

I could go on, but I won't.

Back