Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Dear L Tower developers,

This is the type of glass you should be using.

lol.

that dark cladding on aura's north side is just pure awesome. can't get over it... from the renders, it looks like a vertical strip of that goes up the rectangular sides before it transitions to the circular...

and wow. can't believe this will one day have a circularish/ovalish footprint.. right now it's purely rectangular. people have no idea what's about to hit them

lol.

that dark cladding on aura's north side is just pure awesome. can't get over it... from the renders, it looks like a vertical strip of that goes up the rectangular sides before it transitions to the circular...

and wow. can't believe this will one day have a circularish/ovalish footprint.. right now it's purely rectangular. people have no idea what's about to hit them

You're right. That curve in the top half is going to be amazing – and surprising!

You're right. That curve in the top half is going to be amazing – and surprising!

That surprise at seeing a new construction site or an unexpected feature has really dulled in recent months.....but only because i found urbantoronto. now i get all the details pre-construction, but i still love me some UrbanToronto :D multiple times a day or else i feel out of the loop

With this height the massing is becoming impressive.

Not taking into account any quibbling about textures, colours and glass.

lol.

I see Aura every morning on my walks to and from the Y. When I first saw the charcoal-blackish glass my reaction was "be still, my beating heart". It's fabulous. And the massing of the first few storeys couldn't be better.

Looking up from Dundas today, this building looks great! The angled tower and overall massing is great so far... very dramatic. It's already made a massive impact looking north from Dundas.

Looks like some residential cladding is up on the 5th floor, west side (via the webcam).

Curious to see this. This will be the first window-wall section of the tower we've seen, presumably with mullion caps.

Last edited:
here's a screengrab...

6887216369_4b1b18a669_z.jpg

I took a shot today I'm trying to upload - there is now cladding on the west wall of the podium - it looked like plywood but apparently its PINK STONE! Hmmmmm

As far as I know they're using granite on the podium... including strips along Yonge Street. between each level.

Back