Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

auraf6.jpg

That shot is amazing.

This building is going to be a giant megabeast. Will it be inspiring? Tacky & Ugly? Or my biggest fear... painfully banal? i reallydont know what is going to happen here... there is a lot of suspense building!

So far, it seems to be looking pretty much like the artist's rendering, which looks good to me. I hope they keep the cool vertical LED lighting at the top.

What is there at the South-West top corner of the building (on the webcamera shot)? Is it part of the curtain wall installed or maybe they started installing climbing panels?

On the webcam? There's curtainwall facing the laneway that wasn't there before. The blue strip along the edge of the slab is just nitto protecting the panels.

Lately as I walk by Aura I am noticing the shiny, near-black (closer to a dark charcoal) spandrels, and I'm loving it. Early days, but this is an auspicious start; possibly the building will have loads of drama, which is the thing that College Park needs. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I can't find the PATH thread so I'll use this spot.

One obvious way of relieving pressure on the Yonge subway is extending the PATH . Are there plans around linking College Park to the Atrium?

I assume Aura will have a covered connection to College Park. This basically puts the Delta Chelsea between Aura and the Atrium.

Should the city request that the Atrium redevelopment include such a link?

I can't find the PATH thread so I'll use this spot.

One obvious way of relieving pressure on the Yonge subway is extending the PATH . Are there plans around linking College Park to the Atrium?

I assume Aura will have a covered connection to College Park. This basically puts the Delta Chelsea between Aura and the Atrium.

Should the city request that the Atrium redevelopment include such a link?

http://www.collegeparkcondos.com/pages/neighbourhood.html

Link to the proposed PATH expansion system.

If you read the page about the PATH connection carefully, you'll see that they only mention the link is potential, and that the actual "PATH access" is via College Park, where residents can take the subway to Dundas and get into the PATH there. Of course, by that logic most of the towers in NYCC can also claim PATH access, as well as any buildings connected underground around Yonge-Bloor.

I thought the anticipated connection was actually southeast, toward Ryerson? The Delta Chelsea connection makes perfect sense, I just thought they were going in the other direction

The Delta Chelsea connection makes perfect sense, I just thought they were going in the other direction

It is my understanding that when AURA/future direction of PATH was in planning stages, Delta Chelsea has refused permission to run PATH through their building.

Back