Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I talked to another worker today and he confirmed the transfer slab will indeed be 2 1/2 metres thick. He explained why but lost me after about 30 secs of techno talk.

I'm a bit confused about this transfer slab. A previous post said P5 which would make that the deepest floor right? I too don't remember a thick concrete slab being pored at that depth. Or did I completely misread the post? Is this slab going in at ground level in fact? I walked past the site last weekend and saw 4 east columns going up but didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the concrete forms for the ground floor. I'm having a hard time picturing where this much concrete is going to go.

The newsletter is repeating the 2012 opening date for the retail portion. Given that they're scheduling for the podium to be formed up in the fall that means they must be planning on having at least some parts of the podium open while they're building up above.

I'm a bit confused about this transfer slab. A previous post said P5 which would make that the deepest floor right? I too don't remember a thick concrete slab being pored at that depth. Or did I completely misread the post? Is this slab going in at ground level in fact? I walked past the site last weekend and saw 4 east columns going up but didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the concrete forms for the ground floor. I'm having a hard time picturing where this much concrete is going to go.

I think the first construction guy mis-spoke when he said P5. The 2 1/2 metre slab will be poured about 4 levels up from where Aura is now.

P5 might mean Podium 5.

thanks for posting this!
okay.... so i guess it'll be a while before we really see this thing take off. the podium levels should be poured by fall. so that's about 5ish floors right?

quite while before it really starts making an impact on the skyline, but even if this thing is 20 stories high, it'll look HUGE on yonge street (especially from yonge/dundas!!!)

The place where I think this tower is going to have the most impact is in the Ryerson Quad. The tallest building around is the apartment at 40 Gerrard East. It won't take very long before Aura is towering over that green space big time.

On a semi-related note, I'll be staying at the Delta Chelsea in the next couple of weeks, so hopefully I'll get a north-facing room to be able to grab some decent shots of the construction site.

I think the first construction guy mis-spoke when he said P5. The 2 1/2 metre slab will be poured about 4 levels up from where Aura is now.

so right about where the podium ends and the tower begins right?

and I'm guessing that at that thickness, it's going to be one of those full-day continuous concrete pours that we see in other skyscrapers. Have we ever seen a slab as large as this one elsewhere in the city? I can't think of one...

5553385878_48d776f1de_b.jpg

wait... WHAT?!?!! tomms got atop Lumiere and ROCP!?!?!! spoiled little bugger...
talk about amazing views :D

Great pic. Is that a penthouse at the top of ROCP or is it mechanical?

i ask the same thing, though it looks like mechanical... but if that was a penthouse, that would be amazing (especially a 2 storey one!)

Got a notification from Aura that the closing date on my apt. (23rd floor) has been extended to June 1, 2012. I can't believe they will have that many floors ready for occupancy in just over a year. Wow!!!

Got a notification from Aura that the closing date on my apt. (23rd floor) has been extended to June 1, 2012. I can't believe they will have that many floors ready for occupancy in just over a year. Wow!!!

I would expect another letter bumping that to 2013. This building has a large and complex base and a large footprint. It will take them more than 15 months to make the 23rd floor habitable.

I agree with Therion to expect another bump/push back to tentative date of occupancy. Please keep us updated with any changes to date of occupancy.

Back