Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

That's retarded! This is Toronto not friggen Vancouver, its Downtown Toronto not Newmarket, restrictions like that makes me think what kind of people are runing the city.

People with better grammatical and spelling skills than yourself.

Now now now, personal attacks aren't necessary.

Where's an Admin when you need one?
...oh! ;)

It worries me that tplanner chose to chime in about bad grammar and poor typing skills... :)

If we’re constantly criticizing grammer on this site we’ll never woo miketoronto back to urnbantoronto.

So what is the status of this application? It got rejected by the committee so that means that it won't be tall nor will it have the same base. Is there a timeline for bringing it back forward? If they have given it a name they probably intend to start marketing it.

It is my understanding that Canderel is prepared to take this application to the OMB.

Councillor Kyle Rae has apparently had favourable things to say about the project to Canderel and has suggested a working group to go over outstanding issues. The working group he put together for the Four Seasons project was fairly successful in resolving a number of issues (there is more to the application than just the height). This would perhaps be the best course of action to try to satisfy all stakeholders and pave the way for approval.

Well I hope they get the scale they want but I also hope the city can get the esthetic changes it’s after.

"Aura" is on the cover of the current Condo Guide. I particularly like the part where they describe "the tower's simplistic design". Sigh.

also in the article there will be 100,000 sq ft of retail in the project.blueish grey glass.

Hopefully whatever is built there (I suspect a 30-40ish floor run-of the-mill condo) will join up with College Park and extend the underground retail.

I think here's the latest edition of the design for "Aura". The tower looks alright, still nothing special but the curved top could end up interesting. The podium looks like it has been improved over the last design but the tower should be setback a bit from the street.

502092kd1.jpg

I think it is an improvement over the original design, but I find the overall massing aqward. Its seems like there are many conflicting designs that dont mesh well together. The height certainly is not a problem and Im glad its not a rehash of the same design as the first two towers. Overall, it just needs a little work to get it right.

Back