Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I think it's great they included a handicapped person storage room. They almost always clash with the decor and tend to clutter up the place, it's nice to be able to just wheel them away.

Last edited:
I think it's great they included a handicapped person storage room. They almost always clash with the decor and tend to clutter up the place, it's nice to be able to just wheel them away.

It's all about the little touches... :D

if you are referring to the room behind the elevators, I don't think that is the 'handicapped person storage room' ... that is in fact the garbage chute access room, a wheelchair is shown to illustrate that sufficient turning radius is provided for access by a disabled person (sometimes small washrooms show the same symbology)

Looking at this floorplan, all I can really think of is how lonely I'll be rattling around in there after I move in.

If that's not an invite to your penthouse-warming party, I don't know what is.

I'll bring the Chernobly.

if you are referring to the room behind the elevators, I don't think that is the 'handicapped person storage room' ... that is in fact the garbage chute access room, a wheelchair is shown to illustrate that sufficient turning radius is provided for access by a disabled person (sometimes small washrooms show the same symbology)
You may be right although I think my explanation is equally plausable.

The other possible explanation is that it is a wheelchair motif rug.

Sillyness aside, it's been a while since we've seen any pics, there must be some pretty good progress by now.

The sub-penthouse floors are disappointing...all those 2000-3000 sq.ft "luxury" units and none of them have more than two bedrooms.

I'm glad you caught the piano bench. Did you count the two small vanity chairs in her bathroom?

Nope...that'll do it. I thought you were trying to squeeze three slim and/or friendly people into some loveseat couches. Those vanity seats would be very desirable during a 112-person dinner party...no plates on laps for them.

But it's really 113 including the wheelchair in the closet, right?

When zooming out, I still say that wheelchair logo looks more like a taser, so uh, I refuse to capitulate! Every $17 Mil penthouse needs a taser storage room.

The ensuite without the sink really disturbs me. I mean, do they expect you to wash your hands in the shower when you've done your business? In a $17 million penthouse??

You could always lift the lid off the toilet and wash your hands. Or maybe it's a men's "pee only" WC, in which case a marble urinal should replace the toilet.

this was posted today by Sammo at SSP............:eek:

anyways, i was talking to a couple of suburb type architects at a meeting this afternoon. we exchange business cards and stuff when one of them gives me his 'graziani + corazza' card.

he tells me they are currently applying to the commity of adjustments/board for increased floor hieghts -for a new height of 286 meters! that's taller than trump i says! he says "yes, and so?".
286 meters and they are confident this will get passed -no problem -in about three, four months.

Well, it's been over two months since the above posting. I'm still optimistic, but a little impatient.

Anyone out there on speaking terms with the muffin lady? ;)

Well, it's been over two months since the above posting. I'm still optimistic, but a little impatient.

Lets hope so.....according to Stephen Dupuis, president and CEO of the Building Industry and Land Development Association (BILD) this building will be 80 storeys.

Meanwhile, Yonge St. features signature projects like the 80-storey Aura building at College Park and the 65-storey One Bloor development which has just been re-launched.

http://www.torontosun.com/newhomesandcondos/2010/04/09/13524651.html

I went by tonight, sans camera. Nothing to report, except that there doesn't appear to be any appreciable progress towards a temporary bridge for the access ramp. Which I suppose is a subset of nothing. Otherwise, can I interest you in some piles of dirt?

Reading the critiques on the penthouse's floorplans I have not had such a rich laugh in a while.

Taser storage room? Persons with disabilities clashing with the decor? Wheeling away? LMAO!

Back