Hamilton Augusta Block Buildings 2 & 3 | ?m | 8s | Core Urban Inc. | Lintack Architects

From Core Urban's Instagram
Screenshot_20231109-153632~2.png
Screenshot_20231109-153643~2.png
Screenshot_20231109-153645~2.png

Looking great. I'm really hoping Core Urban can also pick up the other parking lots on Augusta. The one beside the law firm and one beside Cat & Fiddle would be prime for another similarly scaled development.

Reactions: xy3
Looking great. I'm really hoping Core Urban can also pick up the other parking lots on Augusta. The one beside the law firm and one beside Cat & Fiddle would be prime for another similarly scaled development.
The parking lot beside Cat & Fiddle is part of the adult learning centre, which is tied to the church. Unlikely we'll see anything there for a long while unless the church leaves.

I'm actually a big fan of the architecture of the church, and it would be great if it could be the front of a taller building that grew behind it on the learning centre property. Could also be an opportunity to build a nicer and bigger adult learning centre.

A bit of work ongoing on this cloudy Saturday morning. This one is a great addition to the downtown:

IMG_3314.jpeg

IMG_3320.jpeg

IMG_3323.jpeg

IMG_3327.jpeg

IMG_3328.jpeg

IMG_3332.jpeg

IMG_3334.jpeg

It’s a bit difficult to see, but like the glazing on the upper section with the balconies, even the glazing in the light well on the side is capless curtain wall! They paid attention to the details here. I appreciate that.
IMG_3335.jpeg

lol can't even see the curtain wall, just looks like a lot of black, esp with the darkness of the undersides of the balconies.. Hope they paint the undersides white, although considering they don't even seem to paint the ceilings white inside these buildings I am not optimistic about that..

you CAN see it in the tiny part in-between on the back there though.. looks nice.

lol can't even see the curtain wall, just looks like a lot of black, esp with the darkness of the undersides of the balconies.. Hope they paint the undersides white, although considering they don't even seem to paint the ceilings white inside these buildings I am not optimistic about that..

you CAN see it in the tiny part in-between on the back there though.. looks nice.
Maybe this is just me, but it looks like the undersides have been painted, but black. I think it looks pretty sharp.

Maybe this is just me, but it looks like the undersides have been painted, but black. I think it looks pretty sharp.
Yeah it does kinda look like that, not sure if I like it though hehe.. Maybe it'll look better when the top floors are lit, or when the balcony glass is installed..

Yeah it does kinda look like that, not sure if I like it though hehe.. Maybe it'll look better when the top floors are lit, or when the balcony glass is installed..
I always reserve judgement for after the balcony glass is installed. The Cobalt tower looks wayyy better with balconies installed.

I always reserve judgement for after the balcony glass is installed. The Cobalt tower looks wayyy better with balconies installed.
True - I kinda wish on the cobalt tower though those black grid like boxy things they installed weren't so reflective - they would have been so much better a matte black to not make the entire thing look so reflective and had a better contrast. At the moment my eyes sorta dart all over the place on it trying to look for some stable thing to land on..

But yeah the cobalt towers look much better, and especially with the bottoms of the balcony floors painted white. Hence my apprehensiveness about the black here - on the plus side it does bring the focus more down to the actual brick, but at the same time without the balcony glass the top looks almost like an abandoned building that's been gutted and you're gazing into the cavernous depths..

The effect will be lost in a few years when the black paint starts to fleck away though.. and the grey of the concrete shows through.. unless they stained it black vs painting it black..

Back