Hamilton Augusta Block Buildings 2 & 3 | ?m | 8s | Core Urban Inc. | Lintack Architects

Hunh I just realized those stone lintels are fake - as in they are just placed on top of the brick and sorta sandwiched between the concrete jutouts.. interesting..

Just FYI, in addition to Tokyo Smoke, you’ll find the following chains on James North between Wilson - Barton:
•Dominos Pizza
•Loaded Pierogi
•Faema
•Pet Valu
•OKO Bagels
•The Ten Spot
•Philthy Philly’s

EDIT: Google Maps is also showing Country Style Donuts has moved to 77 James North, though I haven’t seen any signage?
77 James St N is City Centre, so I don't think so.

I honestly thought Dominoes and Loaded Pierogi were on Colbourne, Faema isn't really a chain per se and Pet Value is technically on Wilson. Many of those "Chains" aren't chains in my mind either, most are "local chains" which means they're GTHA only and have under 15 or 20 locations total, not exactly international mega-chains like Subway, McDonald's etc. Even in Toronto the "chain bylaws" that disallow chains typically require something around 20 or so max. Small enough that the original owner could still be managing all of them to a degree. The soulless chains that the suburbs are known for don't really exist except Dominoes and Tokyo Smoke.

From Core Urban

1000000672.png

Shaping up nicely! It looks a bit odd to see dark windows/juliette balconies like that for some reason - this building was so beautifully done though - now that last parking lot behind it just needs to get filled in.

Can't wait until those trees in front of it grow up nice and big :)

Back