Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

two questions from me....

1.) what is the 'ribbing' they are attaching to some of the balcony undersides?....

2.) when is their next MAD project in the GTA?......:D

The hoist(s) run through the elevator shaft(s), inside the building. Not as difficult a concept as one may have originally thought.

The hoist(s) run through the elevator shaft(s), inside the building. Not as difficult a concept as one may have originally thought.

You say that with the definitive condescension of someone who works on the site. If you do not and you are guessing like the rest of us, then you are just rude.

:(

You say that with the definitive condescension of someone who works on the site. If you do not and you are guessing like the rest of us, then you are just rude.

What's with the attitude?

Taking a drive...

GoingToMississauga.jpg

To start our trip through Absolute World, we're going to give you some close-ups of the exterior to highlight the sculptural qualities of these two buildings. Of course, these images will change once the balcony glass starts to appear and the undersides of the balconies are painted. Most views will no doubt become sleeker and shinier and more amazing, but we are partial to the way some of these look right now.

AbWorldClose1.jpg

AbWorldClose2.jpg

AbWorldClose3.jpg

AbWorldClose4.jpg

AbWorldClose5.jpg

AbWorldClose6.jpg

AbWorldClose7.jpg

AbWorldClose8.jpg

AbWorldClose9.jpg

AbWorldClose10.jpg

Absolute World reflected in the glass of the Mississauga Executive Centre, just to the north:

AbWorldClose11.jpg

AbWorldClose12.jpg

Tomorrow we'll start big, with recent looks at the full towers, and then go inside:

AbWorldClose13.jpg

Very nice images interchange. Those angles really capture the radical form of this building.

Thanks.

^Thanks for the photos! Those balconies do look wonderful now. I'm just wondering what they'll look like when everyone's barbecues, planters and lawn chairs are cluttering them up.

Hard to say when we don't know what the balcony glass looks like yet.

Hard to say when we don't know what the balcony glass looks like yet.
Balcony glass will have some tint to it, so it won't be too bad.

Amazing pics interchange - thanks. Getting up close at ground level really shows the 'sculptural' qualities like you said. People really need to come and see these in person once done, as it's really quite something to tilt your head beack and look up at AW1 from close range.

What a beauty! It looks better and better every time I see it. I hope this building puts pressure for more standout designs for both Mississauga and Toronto.

Back