Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

Re: Mississauga's Big Day!

The Ma design has won...just on CFTO news....looks a little different from the original rendering, but still lots of curves...they did say that it will be 500 ft tall..

My goodness, Fernbrook has guts...

Oh my. Let's hope they build it as is!

Aod

Good for them. And it will be good for Mississauga.

Could someone post a rendering of the winning design. Thanks

That will be one cool, sexy structure, if it ever gets built. There might be hope for Mississauga after all.

Canuck, technically I guess it is, but the other phases are fairly pathetic when you compare to this....

btw, still nothing on the newswire that I can find, although I am sure Future Mayor will have a report...he's probably off lunching with Hazel as we speak..

rdaner, here ya go, 2nd from the right..

finalists.jpg

I'm really looking forward to seeing updated renderings! The sales literature for this one should be pretty damn cool too...

Time to move to Mississauga boys!

Congrats to Mississauga, and congrats to all the architecture fans in the GTA. We certainly do have good tastes!

Get OUT!! You go, Ma. Congrats to Missy!

It won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MA Won.......................Man is this thing going to put Mississauga on the map if it is built at 62 plus floors.

500' sounds like 50 floors.

I guess the voting public played did play a big part in the decession since it ran off with the most votes in the first place.

Now to get other developers to come up with other projects like this for the city core that are in the planing stages.

By the way, planes do fly over this area after take off, as I only live 2 blocks south from this projects where they fly right over head as well to the west.

What a week. Subway and other transit announcements, Cadillac Fairview, all the new projects mentioned yesterday including Four Seasons, West Donlands and now this. Not bad!

What a great choice. I hope the base is as good as the tower!

I hope more developers go this route. Why doesn't Stinson try something like this? He'd get all the press he wants, and it would be good press.

Stinson wouldn't likely do it because his stuff is about HIS vision, not some visionary's vision.

Is this Phase IV of the Absolute project?

Back