Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

Jasonzed has done an update over at SSC....all pics by Jasonzed...

20100109028.jpg

The ppl who's view got obstructed by those added towns are gonna be piiiiiiiiiissed...

Well, they're lofts on top of retail. The lofts were always planned, however the retail is what was added. They never had much of a view anyway. They should have built the townhomes into the building, instead of having a really tiny gap. They're going to get like no sun at all!

Well, they're lofts on top of retail. The lofts were always planned, however the retail is what was added. They never had much of a view anyway. They should have built the townhomes into the building, instead of having a really tiny gap. They're going to get like no sun at all!

From a very selfish and personal standpoint, I disagree. Doing it like this ensures the towers stand even if the rest of the complex is replaced. I like that they understand that these buildings should be future-proofed.

I guess that makes sense.
Another option would have been to stagger the height from the north and south ends of the loft/retail portion, so that the highest portion is in the middle. Take off a floor or two on the end of each end.

I didn't realize that these townhouses are actually retail with lofts on top. Great idea but what is the access going to be like? No one walks here... so where is parking? Don't tell me I'm going to cross 6 lanes of traffic to go to these stores when I can just park and do all my shopping in square one. Are they going to be dependant on patronage from the absolute towers themselves?

It's 'retail' but that doesn't mean mall-style retailers. It will probably be start with a convenience store, salon and cafe of some kind. Perhaps a tailor, dentist, maybe a pizza joint or Pho restaurant - MCC needs more of both.

Doing it like this ensures the towers stand even if the rest of the complex is replaced.

You really think this will happen? Everything underground is designed as one single complex. These will not be replaced.

Absolute World Tower 2 seems to be connected to the retail/lofts in the model.

I really would love to see a Starbucks or a decent restaurant.
People DO walk here, and there will be many more people walking when this development is open.

You really think this will happen? Everything underground is designed as one single complex. These will not be replaced.

One would guess, but nonetheless I do feel more confident in the towers' survival in being separate. Maybe even that is not true if tower 2 is connected.

One would guess, but nonetheless I do feel more confident in the towers' survival in being separate. Maybe even that is not true if tower 2 is connected.

I'm unsure about what your concern is over the towers' 'survival' .... Are you suggesting they will be torn down at some point?

Thank you Khris for the photos.....hey, it's great to be back!

I took some photos today:

4292198910_946edb0095_o.jpg

4292198538_5d992072b0_b.jpg

The first and second shot rock! I hate to sound like a broken record but I really hope they treat the undersides of the balconies then once the balcony glass goes in Absolute is going to look incredible. I just may rent a car and make my once per decade pilgrimage out to Missauga once these buildings near completion.

Back