Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

I can't wait till they're completed. Should be quite the landmark for Mississauga. Mississauga's twin towers :) (and their 3 ugly step-sisters).

These might just be the best looking condos in the whole GTA. We'll have to wait to find out but it's definitely raised the bar in Sauga.

I can't wait till they're completed. Should be quite the landmark for Mississauga. Mississauga's twin towers :) (and their 3 ugly step-sisters).

I actually like the first 3 towers, especially when seen from the 403/Eglinton. There's actually an element of architectural design in the way they are arranged... unlike many of Toronto's twins or triplets which are so often just plunked down in a random way.

How about one of those at the 1BE site?

How about both at the MLS instead of the two yawners currently plunked there.

Look, I'm happy Missy is getting such lovely twins, but has she earned them yet? Toronto's been cranking out scrapers for 80 odd years and we still have nothing this distinctive and "wow" inducing. It's like an expansion NHL team in the sunbelt winning a Cup while Toronto languishes cupless for a fifth decade. Not fair. Toronto deserves some trophy towers before the greedy offspring start scooping them away from us.

Look, I'm happy Missy is getting such lovely twins, but has she earned them yet? Toronto's been cranking out scrapers for 80 odd years and we still have nothing this distinctive and "wow" inducing. It's like an expansion NHL team in the sunbelt winning a Cup while Toronto languishes cupless for a fifth decade. Not fair. Toronto deserves some trophy towers before the greedy offspring start scooping them away from us.

Now that is either just crazy talk or good old trolling.

How about both at the MLS instead of the two yawners currently plunked there.

Not fair?

Who exactly is stopping Toronto from getting something like this?

Answer: No one but Toronto

Why should everywhere else fall behind, just because Toronto is falling behind? Suck it up, princess!

Not fair?

Who exactly is stopping Toronto from getting something like this?

Answer: No one but Toronto

Why should everywhere else fall behind, just because Toronto is falling behind? Suck it up, princess!

I spent a couple of days in TO this week, re-visiting the remade AGO and ROM, as well having a look at a couple of the heralded construction projects downtown. The size of the lineups for the Tut and Dead Sea Scrolls exhibitions on a very cold Wednesday day was amazing. While these two remakes are big news in Toronto, they suceed in being confusing and underwhelming at the same time. While I can understand the controversy over the ROM's Crystal addition, I fail to understand the unconditional love affair with Gehry 's AGO. The Dundas St. face looks like a monumental airport reception building. I do like the blue south facade, though, with that hanging, spiral metal filing thingey. The MLS towers are just examples of what might be loosely called a " Toronto Style " taken to new heights. The Ritz and the Bell Lightbox look like , well, boxes, at least seen from the north. There is hope around the corner. One can still hope that 1 Bloor and Aura will shake the " box" syndrome, and there's that Trumpish, pointed thing going up against Bay Adelaide's box. O well, on a clear day, you will see the Mississauga skyline.

pretty funny discussion....for a minute, I thought Irishmonk might be miketoronto....

AW is going to be incredible....:)

pretty funny discussion....for a minute, I thought Irishmonk might be miketoronto....

AW is going to be incredible....:)

Nope, Irishmonk is Irishmonk. Just trying to add some levity to the proceedings.

In all seriousness, I hope that the beauty and accaim of these towers in Missy will embarrass Toronto into doing something exceptional for a change, instead of the usual form=function=bottom line.

Wait a minute....Toronto falling behind :confused: let me see, The Ritz Carlton Tower, The Shangri-La Tower, The Trump Tower, The L-Tower..:rolleyes:

I didn't actually mean Toronto is falling behind. I was simply questioning the idea that no other city could be bold if Toronto wasn't. I think L Tower definitely breaks away from the Toronto norm, as will Aura and hopefully the new 1 Bloor.

Absolute is still pretty gimiicky. I'd rather see us raid the UofT Mississauga campus. Y'know, you can only carry so much on a GO train and I'd rather not make two trips to that 'burb.

Back