Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

Thanks a lot :)

Just take the GO Bus or train. The bus stops at Square One. From there it's a short walk.

Eeek, I tried a few methods of transit when I worked out there in '97 because I dreaded the drive during inclement weather in the winter. Unless someone can convince me that transit has improved to Mississauga by at least 300% since then I'll skip the transit idea and either cycle or rent a car in April or May thank you very much ;)

Eeek, I tried a few methods of transit when I worked out there in '97 because I dreaded the drive during inclement weather in the winter. Unless someone can convince me that transit has improved to Mississauga by at least 300% since then I'll skip the transit idea and either cycle or rent a car in April or May thank you very much ;)

You live downtown... and dont think GO would be faster than a bike?

The bus goes to Square One from Union. You don't even need to transfer. There are a bunch of stops in MCC you can get off at before the bus gets to the Square One GO station. Buses are also every hour or less. (both ways)

I don't even know if the bus to Square One existed back in 97, so that could be your 300% improvement.

Last edited:
from certain angles this tower is looking more and more radical.....today's pic by Jasonzed at SSC.....

20100123006.jpg

You live downtown... and dont think GO would be faster than a bike?

The bus goes to Square One from Union. You don't even need to transfer. There are a bunch of stops in MCC you can get off at before the bus gets to the Square One GO station. Buses are also every hour or less. (both ways)

That, and it only takes 25 minutes.

I tried two bus routes from Kipling I think it was, the second time I ended up at Erin Mills or someplace, my bad. I don't believe there was a bus from Union back then, so that's a good option and I don't know where the Go train stops in relation to Square One but I'll figure it out. Transit definately sounds much improved to MCC, thanks! I look forward to a trip out to Mississauga come spring or early summer especially to see the Absolute World project in person, it's been probably 10 years since I've been out that way which is far too long.

from certain angles this tower is looking more and more radical.....today's pic by Jasonzed at SSC.....

20100123006.jpg

If they stopped construction at that floor, and capped the building with something like a dome, it would look like the Gherkin from that angle!

From Jan. 9th, you can see tower 2 on the left, starting to move upwards. Looks like they're working on the second floor.

20100109044.jpg

It's not my photo. I found it a few pages back.

Do you mean the tower on the very left? That "square" portion on the bottom is the amenities complex for the whole Absolute development.
The tower is Absolute Vision, aka tower 3. It's not entirely round.

I'm really surprised this development is only at 78 pages, 3 more pages than the City TV @ YDS thread! This deserves way more attention. I guess it's because it's not in downtown Toronto.

It's not my photo. I found it a few pages back.

Do you mean the tower on the very left? That "square" portion on the bottom is the amenities complex for the whole Absolute development.
The tower is Absolute Vision, aka tower 3. It's not entirely round.

I'm really surprised this development is only at 78 pages, 3 more pages than the City TV @ YDS thread! This deserves way more attention. I guess it's because it's not in downtown Toronto.

Pretty sure he means the base of Absolute World, not the amenities building. There is Absolute(ly) nothing to 'dig' about the amenities building.

What part of the photo would I have possibly been referring to but the podium of Absolute World? Anyways-- it is a nice juxtaposition methinks.

Correct. I suspect some forumers in Toronto (such as myself) are so green with envy that we look and admire, but don't discuss much about it. Much of City TV @ YDS is not all that positive, I don't recall reading anything negative in this thread yet.
Be proud, screw the post count and keep the great photos coming!

Back