Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

I'd like to thank the UT team for that interesting interview with the developer of this project. The lesson we should take from it is that vision flows from the client not the designer. Think about that next time your are contemplating the built form of this or any other city. The expression is that of the designer and so his/her name is rightly immortalized so long as the structure stands. However, our built form from the must humble structure to the grandest monument is the culmination of the aspirations of countless individual land-owners whose names are mostly lost in one or two generations.

I really like the railings on Tower #5.
It's nice not seeing a metal cap on the glass and having the glass supported by screw posts, it creates a really clean look.

great interview!

from today
20111007012.jpg

20111007014.jpg

20111007013.jpg

20111007015.jpg

20111007019.jpg

20111007021.jpg

20111007018.jpg

20111007002.jpg

20111007003.jpg

20111007004.jpg

Where can i see this interview?

Also, why does it look like the window twist is in the opposite direction to the building rotation?...Strange

Last edited by a moderator:
The interview with Sam Crignano can be found here.

Oct 05 shot from Toronto. If you look close, you can see the Limelight towers under construction.
6222057254_56d5361668_b.jpg

6221537073_1881f5a45f_b.jpg

6219405586_f0b4d7bb6b_b.jpg

I really wish they'd get rid of the bottlecaps already. They're very distracting.

Yes I can't wait to see what they do with those. I am really liking the balcony glass on the 2nd tower. I think that building will actually look nicer than tower 4 but they will compliment each other. I'm pretty sure tower 4 will be registered by the end of December as well.

I'd like to thank the UT team for that interesting interview with the developer of this project. The lesson we should take from it is that vision flows from the client not the designer. Think about that next time your are contemplating the built form of this or any other city. The expression is that of the designer and so his/her name is rightly immortalized so long as the structure stands. However, our built form from the must humble structure to the grandest monument is the culmination of the aspirations of countless individual land-owners whose names are mostly lost in one or two generations.

Thanks for the feedback TrickyRicky, and Jasonzed! I'm the one who interviewed Sam, and it's great to hear that people are getting a lot of value out of these interviews. Hope to bring you more in the coming months!

Last week at the airport, on the runway, Mississauga/Absolute looks crazy good.... For some reason, I always find that skylines when viewed from airports look really good... of course, the view from pearson (even with the 2 skylines visible), has got nothing on La'Guardia.

Wow, I didn't realize how different the colours of those towers would be. I think that will look so good. On another note, that podium really irks me. We finally get great towers with nice glass, then they totally drop the ball on the most important thing. (how the towers meet the street) If the podium matched the beauty of the towers, it could have been AMAZING!. What the hell were the developers thinking? Why didn't they get MAD to also design the podium? I'm just baffled, it's such an epic fail on the part of Cityzen, as far as I'm concerned. Why the hell would they do that? That's what should have been asked in the interview.

Back