Toronto 88 Queen | 167.35m | 52s | St Thomas Dev | Hariri Pontarini

Picture from now.
The tower crane is coming down soon.
IMG_0709.jpeg

IMG_0707.jpeg

It's only taking me 2 years but I am finally starting to see what everybody means when they say Toronto is white black and blue like give me some other color a rusty red and off yellow I don't care but like holy black eye

I remember when Sp!re was "tall" and stood out east of the core downtown buildings.

I remember when there were a lot of people in the area freaking out about Spire. Too tall, not in character with the neighbourhood etc. It certainly was a game changer. And it seems it didn't destroy the neighbourhood after all.

I remember when there were a lot of people in the area freaking out about Spire. Too tall, not in character with the neighbourhood etc. It certainly was a game changer. And it seems it didn't destroy the neighbourhood after all.
One of the OGs and, almost 20 years later, still among the best of that early generation.

In fact, the area is way better than it was 20 years ago when most people would have avoided that strip of Church like the plague. Despite complaints that now you can also see people's homes when you're looking at the spire of St. James from certain angles.

For Giggles: here’s a cropped UT map looking just from Adelaide north to Dundas, with Church Street as the spine of activity.

Summary: 11* active construction sites, 5 of which are more than 150 metres tall (a *12th in site prep/heritage retention @ 57 storeys/186 metres, QueenChurch) and more in the pipeline.

Four 200 metre+ towers, with the tallest @ 259 metres (23 Toronto Street), are in the development pipeline (see red arrows).

Wonder if we’ve seen anything like since Southcore was built from scratch.

Church-transformation.jpg

^ As most of you know Magenta is construction, Black is pre-construction and Blue is built.

For Giggles: here’s a cropped UT map looking just from Adelaide north to Dundas, with Church Street as the spine of activity.

Summary: 11* active construction sites, 5 of which are more than 150 metres tall (a *12th in site prep/heritage retention @ 57 storeys/186 metres, QueenChurch) and more in the pipeline.

Four 200 metre+ towers, with the tallest @ 259 metres (23 Toronto Street), are in the development pipeline (see red arrows).

Wonder if we’ve seen anything like since Southcore was built from scratch.

View attachment 553047

^ As most of you know Magenta is construction, Black is pre-construction and Blue is built.
We haven't. The downtown's resilience is something else, that's for sure.

Back