Toronto 707 Lofts | ?m | 5s | Enirox Group | TACT Architecture

I actually have written in to Starbucks suggesting the neighbourhood as a perfect location for them

Wait what? People actually encourage Starbucks to set up shop in their neighbourhood? Not that I hate Starbucks but I'd much rather get my caffeine fix from an independent (which are usually comparable in price). If nothing else the atmosphere is always better.

EDIT: Suppose I should actually say something about the development... I agree it's a shame the funeral home isn't being incorporated as I love the style but it does seem to be in pretty rough shape.
I've read about instances in the States (mostly Cleveland and Detroit) of investors buying older properties with heritage aspects and tearing out mantles, window frames and doors. When you tear down a building such as this are things like that saved and resold on a secondary market to be used in other new construction? Would seem like such a shame if they we're at least given a second life somewhere else.

Last edited:
^At 1 year 7 months they are probably just being realistic. Realism is very rare in the condo development industry. It appears that this project is well managed, unlike the disaster on College (originally Cube). I hope this and the similar B-condos in the Annex proceed to completion on schedule without financial difficulties.

I know custom single family home constructions that are well into that 1 year 7 month range. I bet the contractors originally said 6-months max.

7 January 2013: Working on the first floor. I'm curious to see if this TACT building looks better than their Streetcar work.

20130107221534.jpg

The property owners of those tower-in-the-parks across the street should also consider developing their unused land fronting Dovercourt.

Yeah, those towers would be a perfect place to do something unique and interesting with some valuable unused land - low- or mid-rise surrounding the property, retail interjected onto the site, a laneway retail cluster right behind Bloor, fill in the space with unique 6 storey buildings. Ah, if only I owned some land like that! A great place to test some ideas that could eventually find their way into all of our tower-in-the-park dead spaces. One of my favourite ideas for some of these is to create small retail spaces and let the tenants unleash their entrepreneurial talent while transforming the unseemly bases of these towers.

Here is the cluster in question:

Screen Shot 2013-02-13 at 2.41.49 AM.jpg

In any event, the 707 lofts should be a fantastic addition to the nabe.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-13 at 2.41.49 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-02-13 at 2.41.49 AM.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 522

Back