Toronto 707 Lofts | ?m | 5s | Enirox Group | TACT Architecture

Revised render:

2011_06_16_10_31_02_707_exterior2_FINAL.jpg

Thanks for the photos drum118 ...

While I don't care much for the other 2 buildings on this site, the building in this photo would have been the perfect building to restore/incorporate in the new development scheme, it contains so much character that is complimentary/compatible to the church-conversion residences abutting to the south ... I'm very suprised Enirox would be just demolishing this chateau inspired building (somewhat Casa Loma like) .... while the new building is decent modern looking (non glass box), it is not remotelessly comparable to the architecture of this existing structure .... I really hope something is done to preserve the architectual details of the above building, which would be a huge loss otherwise

Thanks for the photos drum118 ...

While I don't care much for the other 2 buildings on this site, the building in this photo would have been the perfect building to restore/incorporate in the new development scheme, it contains so much character that is complimentary/compatible to the church-conversion residences abutting to the south ... I'm very suprised Enirox would be just demolishing this chateau inspired building (somewhat Casa Loma like) .... while the new building is decent modern looking (non glass box), it is not remotelessly comparable to the architecture of this existing structure .... I really hope something is done to preserve the architectual details of the above building, which would be a huge loss otherwise

iirc someone mentioned that it is/was a funeral home.
i don't think that's a good selling feature :eek:

actually the funeral home was going to be demolished anyways due to the lack of parking and space,Enirox OMB fight against the objections of local residence was mostly of height of the project (propose 8 stories) but compromised at 5 stories.Local residence was actually happy to see the funeral home gone.

When I first looked at this building, I said it was to bad it could not be retain for the facade, but in the end there were too many things going against it to be save. Photo say one thing, but seeing it in person is another reason to say no. Looks like 2 different brick style there now.

Since there was a driveway on the right hand, it would be very hard to comeup with something to match the existing face as well cover rest of the front of the old and new building. Then I never saw the rendering for it in the first place and it would not fit in at all, based on the current rendering.

Didn't know the church was part of this development and not bad looking. A good cleaning would help it.

Not impress with the new rendering.

I live close by here and I often pause to admire the funeral home's gothicky craftsmanship - and be reminded of my mortality, but I agree it doesn't make much sense for the developer to keep it. I'm assuming the stonework and maybe windows will be salvaged.

The church was turned into luxury condos a couple of years ago and isn't part of the 707 development. Many residents of the church lofts were out in force to get the size of 707 reduced and pulled back from the southern property line.

I'm curious to see how this development will change the area. This section of bloor is getting quite hip, with new bars and music venues, a comic club, and a renowned Ethiopian restaurant. Even the Bloor and Lansdowne area's got a cool-factor now. I expect an influx of young people via 707 will only intensify this trend. I'm expecting a starbucks anytime now, assuming the economy keeps chuggin along in these parts!

When I first looked at this building, I said it was to bad it could not be retain for the facade, but in the end there were too many things going against it to be save. Photo say one thing, but seeing it in person is another reason to say no. Looks like 2 different brick style there now.

Since there was a driveway on the right hand, it would be very hard to comeup with something to match the existing face as well cover rest of the front of the old and new building. Then I never saw the rendering for it in the first place and it would not fit in at all, based on the current rendering.

Didn't know the church was part of this development and not bad looking. A good cleaning would help it.

Not impress with the new rendering.

Last edited:
I live close by here and I often pause to admire the funeral home's gothicky craftsmanship - and be reminded of my mortality, but I agree it doesn't make much sense for the developer to keep it. I'm assuming the stonework and maybe windows will be salvaged.

The church was turned into luxury condos a couple of years ago and isn't part of the 707 development. Many residents of the church lofts were out in force to get the size of 707 reduced and pulled back from the southern property line.

I'm curious to see how this development will change the area. This section of bloor is getting quite hip, with new bars and music venues, a comic club, and a renowned Ethiopian restaurant. Even the Bloor and Lansdowne area's got a cool-factor now. I expect an influx of young people via 707 will only intensify this trend. I'm expecting a starbucks anytime now, assuming the economy keeps chuggin along in these parts!

Hey Yonderbean,
I actually have written in to Starbucks suggesting the neighbourhood as a perfect location for them (I suggested the traffic tickets storefront on corner of Bloor and Dovercourt and the empty corner pharmacy space at Bloor and Delaware) and I got a note back thanking me and saying that my suggestion was being sent to their development division. a neighbour told me that he has talked to the local business people and they said a starbucks rep has been making the rounds asking them for input on the affect a starbucks in the neighbourhood would have on their business and apparently they have already expressed interest in the 'Traffic Tickets' location, but tickets doesn't want to give up the space. I also heard that Sobey's is considering taking over the large abandoned furniture store on Bloor close to the paradise theatre and turning it into a Sobey's express, which would be awesome, (although we are already close to a metro, no frills, sobey's and loblaws by car). the nabe is definitely coming around. we are regulars at drift bar and disgraceland, and lots of people are also coming to the new bars in the area. This condo will really help speed things up i think.

Back