Niagara Falls 6609 Stanley Avenue | 254m | 72s | Hariri Pontarini

View attachment 271936
Niagara Falls watermark vI -4 by Eric MacMillan on Flick

I have some more development that's approved in orange and pending in Indian red EricMacm. Sorry about using your photo but I just want to show you some more proposals that you can add on to your photo proposal.

No worries at all! I'm always happy to hear that there are more things to model. I did end up modelling the condo project at Ferry and Stanley after I made these images, but I've never even heard of the other ones. Do you know where I might be able to find more information about the ones you added in, particularly the ones flanking Skylon?

Folks should accept that Niagara is our Vegas. And has been for a very long while now. So the rules the economy are bit different here, for good or bad.

...so I can see why they would want to build here.
I feel what ever is developed for Niagara Falls they’re heading the right direction.. why shouldn’t more people be able to enjoy the falls from those nights stay for a wile or live. The falls them selves and the area should be seen and to be enjoyed by all. It’s always been a tourist destination. At least for the most part. And the city shows it off nicely. I feel this boom of tall buildings was a give in. Why wouldn’t it make sense and to compete in a sense with the other sides skyline could be very cool.

Why wouldn’t it make sense and to compete in a sense with the other sides skyline could be very cool.

There is very little competition from the other side... the Canadian side already has a commanding lead in the skyline race.

There is very little competition from the other side... the Canadian side already has a commanding lead in the skyline race.
This is true. An overhaul of the Canadian side skyline would be a nice statement though. Like look at canada over here. Could rival the buffalo skyline as opposed to the Niagara skyline?

I agree it's a natural place to see more growth than we have

Pandemic macroeconomics aside, I'm still not convinced with the prospects of this project. Especially when the "developer" is a guy whose primary business operation is the Copacabana Brazilian Steakhouse chain, and manages some businesses (bars, nightclubs, golf clubs?) in the Niagara Falls area that his father left behind.

Perhaps they'll find a proper development partner or full buyer who will take over this site someday, but for now I wouldn't consider this project to be as straightforward as it's depicted. Likewise, I hold some skepticism in the credentials of the group behind the Loretto proposal.

We'll see if the chutzpah pays off, mate. ;)

But in the mean time, at least Sam had 3 condo projects under his belt in the Yorkville area complete or in the works before he went for the big one. If Jeremia gets this off the ground that's great, but for now their Niagara Falls site has been left as a stump since 2004.

In a better world, both jurisdictions could both benefit from a freer border and shared initiatives. At this point and climate though, I think it's likely the last thing most would want on the North side. /le sigh

Last edited:
In a better world, both jurisdictions could both benefit from a freer border and shared initiatives. At this point and climate though, I think it's likely the last thing most would want on the North side. /le sigh

One main reason the American side hasn't put major investment into their tourism industry. Is because they don't have the Falls facing them dead on like we do in Canada. Or else they would be developing big skyscrapers like we have here to look at the Falls day and night in their hotel suite !

No worries at all! I'm always happy to hear that there are more things to model. I did end up modelling the condo project at Ferry and Stanley after I made these images, but I've never even heard of the other ones. Do you know where I might be able to find more information about the ones you added in, particularly the ones flanking Skylon?

The Weston and Skylon North and South Towers were the ones flanking the Skylon Tower. And l just found out have been canceled on Skyscraperpage in Niagara Falls illustration page. Do to a couple of decades of problems like 9-11, 2008 crash which kill some of these projects because a lack of tourist. That doesn't mean there dead for ever . They might sprout out again with another style hotel or condo. Because it zoned for that height or even higher. You can check out seventeen of these canceled projects at the Niagara Falls illustrations page in the cancelled mode ! A good example is this 72 Storey development that was to be to called Crowne Plaza hotel at under half the height of 30 storeys now cancelled to build this tower . And the Loretto development has changed hands to a Chinese developer that has a new rendering that can be seen in UrbanToronto's Loretto blog. If you want to change it on your Niagara illustration page.

The Weston and Skylon North and South Towers were the ones flanking the Skylon Tower. And l just found out have been canceled on Skyscraperpage in Niagara Falls illustration page. Do to a couple of decades of problems like 9-11, 2008 crash which kill some of these projects because a lack of tourist. That doesn't mean there dead for ever . They might sprout out again with another style hotel or condo. Because it zoned for that height or even higher. You can check out seventeen of these canceled projects at the Niagara Falls illustrations page in the cancelled mode ! A good example is this 72 Storey development that was to be to called Crowne Plaza hotel at under half the height of 30 storeys now cancelled to build this tower . And the Loretto development has changed hands to a Chinese developer that has a new rendering that can be seen in UrbanToronto's Loretto blog. If you want to change it on your Niagara illustration page.

Thank you for the info. I was actually able to find old renderings of many of these projects on old forum threads using the Wayback Machine! Many have been cancelled (and most were incredibly ugly, so thank god) but I'm sure some of them will come back in one way or another, especially ones like the towers near Skylon. Always fun to imagine what could have been. I'm working on updating the Loretto one at the moment, as well as adding some additional ones that I found.

Thank you for the info. I was actually able to find old renderings of many of these projects on old forum threads using the Wayback Machine! Many have been cancelled (and most were incredibly ugly, so thank god) but I'm sure some of them will come back in one way or another, especially ones like the towers near Skylon. Always fun to imagine what could have been. I'm working on updating the Loretto one at the moment, as well as adding some additional ones that I found.

You can find a alot of information here on Urbantoronto.ca Loretto development three bridges. Check out the video of the towers it will blow you mind. The next tower can also be found here on Urbantoronto.ca under 5507 River Road Niagara falls. The third development that you are trying to create on your rendering I found out its called The Stanley District with sales starting on 7 storey condo first. There are two others you'll have to watch on YouTube under Niagara Falls council meetings blog. The date for the Victorian Inn is August 11 2020. And the other date for the 72 and 34 Storey towers is November 15 2019. And lastly the 12 storey across the street from the Wyndham Hotel is called The Hilton Garden and can be seen on council in October 1, 2019. And the Doubletree Hotel it's supposed to double in height with the Rooftop when possible. See if you can find old renderings of that tower in full height !

There were a couple I did not add because of a lack of renderings/significant height, but I was able to get it updated significantly. I updated the Loretto, and added all of the major condo tower proposals, including one really obscure preliminary design on Fallsview. I added the old Skylon North and South hotels for fun. I was considering adding the cancelled Rainbow Tower as well, but I did not because something else was built in its place. Nevertheless, the rendering is now fully up to date.

Niagara Falls Watermarked V3-1 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Niagara Falls Watermarked V3-2 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Niagara Falls Watermarked V3-3 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Niagara Falls Watermarked V3-4 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Niagara Falls Watermarked V3-5 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Niagara Falls Watermarked V3-6 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Niagara Falls Watermarked V3-7 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Niagara Falls Watermarked V3-8 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

2020-09-29 16.49.28.jpg

Photo belong to EricMacm

How are you doing you did a fine job great ! Love the work since you have created a cancelled project. I've drawn in some of the cancelled ones in Indian red and the ones under construction and proposed in orange . If you want to find them in the archives and create them. Good luck Thanks !

Back