Niagara Falls 6609 Stanley Avenue | 254m | 72s | Hariri Pontarini

Tourism is dead in Niagara. This will never be built. Hotels will be closing for good if the border remains closed till next year

This project will eventually get built along with other developments on hold right now in Niagara's tourist industry . They just got to come up with a new vaccine to kill the virus.

Tell that to the crowds at Clifton Hill:

That was Labour Day weekend. Busiest weekend of the year. I was down there on a Thursday last month. Clifton Hill was pretty quiet. Hotels depend on American and international travelers. Day trippers from the GTA aren't going to pay the bills at these large hotels. It's going to be a really tough winter for the falls.

I live in the Falls, and I can tell you that Canadian tourists filled the tourist destinations all summer long. Only since school returned has the flood of visitors slowed down. Once Covid19 ends and the border re-opens, things will be quickly back to normal...

I live in the Falls too and this place is a magnet for bringing in tourists all over the world . And it has some powerful developers that will get the job done as soon as things blow over.

I live in the Falls, and I can tell you that Canadian tourists filled the tourist destinations all summer long.

I did the River Walk a few weekends ago and it was absolutely packed (not dangerously so; folks were almost uniformly masked and adhering to social distancing guidelines); the entrance line was at least a hundred people long when we left.

I've also literally never in my life seen NOTL as busy as it was that weekend.

I live in the Falls too and this place is a magnet for bringing in tourists all over the world . And it has some powerful developers that will get the job done as soon as things blow over.

Yep and they spend like crazy. Once the virus is over and done with the tourists will come back. In the meantime us non locals can support the hotels and restaurants down there by doing over night trips. Hotels are crazy cheap. Country Inn was $100 for a suite. A year ago that room was $300! Left a nice tip for the waiter at the Keg. Fallsview hotels have dropped rates too, all half price. Once the tourists come back, you will see those rates go through the roof. They will back to the $400 a night plus rates.

Hopefully this tower and Loretto development and the Hyatt project all get build. Plus a i think a hotel is planned for the Imax site. Right now there enough space around Fallview Blvd, to do something amazing. They don't need Clifton Hill part 2. I would love to see a dining/shopping district along that stretch.

Hopefully this tower and Loretto development and the Hyatt project all get build. Plus a i think a hotel is planned for the Imax site.

What's planned across the street at the Imax site I believe it's a stretched 12 storey hotel similar to the Hyatt. But I can't recall the franchise name . Also there's a 150 million 30 , 12 and 7 storey development at the corner of Stanley and Ferry Street. Three towers 56 and two 38 storey 600 million development between the Skylon tower and Clifton Hill. And two10 storey addition to the Victoria hotel on Victoria Street just to name a few.

This thread being active again gives me an excuse to repost my Niagara Falls future skyline model. It includes some more or less stagnant proposals (and the old versions of Loretto), but even just half of what is in the model will make a big difference. I know the market in the Falls moves slowly, but it'll happen eventually. The tourists will come back, in addition to a growing residential demand (thanks to the Niagara GO expansion plans). I'd very much like to see it prosper and evolve, and have confidence that it will.

Niagara Falls Watermarked V1-1 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Niagara Falls Watermarked V1-2 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Niagara Falls Watermarked V1-3 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Niagara Falls Watermarked V1-4 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Niagara Falls Watermarked V1-5 by Eric MacMillan, on Flickr

Last edited:
2020-09-26 12.00.38.jpg

Niagara Falls watermark vI -4 by Eric MacMillan on Flick

I have some more development that's approved in orange and pending in Indian red EricMacm. Sorry about using your photo but I just want to show you some more proposals that you can add on to your photo proposal.

Back