Toronto 55C: 55 Charles Condos | 167m | 50s | MOD Developments | a—A

It’s better then the last render of this project by far. Looks more lToronto” anyways. Just “ok”.

Don't get me wrong - they're still one of the better firms out there, but they used to produce nothing but hits. Now they've got comparative duds like Halo, Alter, 8 Cumberland, 33 Yorkville and this one popping up on a more regular basis.
Okay. Alter sucks.

Alter is a blemish. Some of these others are leaning that way. One could say aA is in decline however, that applies to the whole pack. Core isn't what it used to be and as mediocre as G+C was in the past, what they have copied and pasted a dozen times over around town lately is beyond horrid. Leave the "deconstructionism" to Teeple. It's not great but it's competent.

All the majors have copied and pasted around town. It's nothing to hold against aA without acknowledging everyone does it.

City Place is looking better and better, so much better spacing of towers. Charles Street is nuts, dito for Gerrard/Yonge/Bay and the Entertainment Area.... City Place at least had an area plan.

I Don’t suggest many of these building looks around the city but this one for some reason is growing on me a lot. It’s a little different has many interesting qualities about it. Busy. by not crazy in your face to much busy. But more eye catching. In my opinion alone I’m sure. And, it sets it apart from its neighbouring towers. That’s good right?

Back