Toronto 55C: 55 Charles Condos | 167m | 50s | MOD Developments | a—A

Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 9.04.39 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 9.05.07 AM.png

Can anyone give a very rough estimate as to when construction will start? I'm looking at condos in this neighbourhood and trying to figure this out so I have a sense of if/when noise pollution will occur.

I still see people living in 55 and 61 Charles st E. I wonder if 55C is sold out or not and when will Construction start. Does anyone know?

Any plans to widen/expand charles st? The traffic here is going to get even worse with 2 more condos going in and I expect more redevelopment in the future.

I'd be curious, as well. Traffic is horrid on the stretch between Church and Yonge due to the number of condos. I'm not sure if either side of the street has much room for widening. It may help if they made it a no parking street - that way when an UberEats driver decides to park in the street beside an already parked car, others wouldn't have to drive on the sidewalk to get around (as I've seen far too commonly).

I'd be curious, as well. Traffic is horrid on the stretch between Church and Yonge due to the number of condos. I'm not sure if either side of the street has much room for widening. It may help if they made it a no parking street - that way when an UberEats driver decides to park in the street beside an already parked car, others wouldn't have to drive on the sidewalk to get around (as I've seen far too commonly).
Even if they make it a no parking street the uber, lyft and other idiots would still park on the street, lots of delivery and car ride drivers just don't have any respect for other people rights it seems that it's all about me nowadays, many times they block the whole street, i live on the street and you can see everyday that people park at the intersection in front of 100 and 110 Charles in areas that are clearly marked no parking zones and block the cars coming from Jarvis and from Mt Pleasant, what the street needs is major enforcement and higher fines, they could pay for 1 officer to sit there from 4 pm to 11 pm just ticketing.

Even if they make it a no parking street the uber, lyft and other idiots would still park on the street, lots of delivery and car ride drivers just don't have any respect for other people rights it seems that it's all about me nowadays, many times they block the whole street, i live on the street and you can see everyday that people park at the intersection in front of 100 and 110 Charles in areas that are clearly marked no parking zones and block the cars coming from Jarvis and from Mt Pleasant, what the street needs is major enforcement and higher fines, they could pay for 1 officer to sit there from 4 pm to 11 pm just ticketing.
I agreee - I live on the block just West of you, but we have the same issue. Almost all delivery drivers seem to think that printing a piece of paper that says "will be back in 5 minutes" is a replacement for finding an appropriate parking spot. I would also like to see more enforcement of this.

However, I don't think that invalidates the idea of making Charles a no-parking street. It dos get quite busy, both coming off of Mt. Pleasant and until it meets Yonge. There isn't much street parking, and there is a Green P parkade at Yonge, so I would think that the cost of removing the ~20 street spots would be relatively low to better open up the flow. Or, make the current spots loading only so that Ubers and whatnot can stop there, and the second lane actually remains open. Just some thoughts - will be an interesting problem with both this building and the Charles at Church popping up, among other developments.

I agreee - I live on the block just West of you, but we have the same issue. Almost all delivery drivers seem to think that printing a piece of paper that says "will be back in 5 minutes" is a replacement for finding an appropriate parking spot. I would also like to see more enforcement of this.

However, I don't think that invalidates the idea of making Charles a no-parking street. It dos get quite busy, both coming off of Mt. Pleasant and until it meets Yonge. There isn't much street parking, and there is a Green P parkade at Yonge, so I would think that the cost of removing the ~20 street spots would be relatively low to better open up the flow. Or, make the current spots loading only so that Ubers and whatnot can stop there, and the second lane actually remains open. Just some thoughts - will be an interesting problem with both this building and the Charles at Church popping up, among other developments.
I agree that closing off all parking on the street would be good but the problem is that nobody would obey the no parking signs, when they were building 110 there was no stopping or parking allowed on the street until past the driveway for 100, people were still parking there and this was before there was many uber or lyft vehicles on the road, the city needs to start doing stronger enforcement in front of all of these buildings as this is not just an issue on our street but everywhere downtown.

Back