Toronto Station Place | 134.72m | 40s | First Capital | Diamond Schmitt

I'm shuttering just thinking about what kind of cladding they'll be putting up here. I know it's not going to be good, but just how bad it might get has got me really worried.

Don't expect developers to produce quality in Etobicoke...

^There's nothing stopping from providing some pretty good quality. Tridel (who is notoriously hit or miss) has done a fantastic job with Islington Terrace right next door and the 4 towers next to this development, while they produced trash with Parc Nuvo. Then you have developers like Pinnacle who choose to provide bottom of the barrel trash material in the area, while proposing to do the exact opposite in Scarborough.

I feel like Main and Main will provide us with that exact same bottom barrel product very shortly unfortunately.

Hello everyone, long time lurker, first time poster. ;)
Does anyone know if there has been updates on which grocery store is going in there? The space is pretty large so candidates would be pretty open. However knowing No Frills and Sobeys are over on Islington, Food Basics and Metro near east mall and dundas...I am not too sure what could go in here. A small Loblaws (like at Queen and Portland) would certainly fit...however Loblaws is also relatively close on East Mall. Maybe a Longos as they have smaller form stores in the downtown core (PATH and at dundas/bay).

Personally, I hold out hope that a Farm Boy will open up there....longshot I know however one can always dream. lol

I was told by an Farm Boy employee that the 2 busiest locations in Ontario are on Brown's Line Etobicoke and Whitby. The Etobicoke store is only 20,000 sq ft. So there's still room for Expansion in Etobicoke.

Farm Boy Locations below:

TORONTO – SHOPPES OF ALDERWOOD
841 Brown’s Line Toronto, ON M8W 3V7

WHITBY – TAUNTON GARDENS
360 Taunton Road East Whitby, ON L1R 0H4

Farm Boy Location Criteria from company website:

REAL ESTATE CRITERIA
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION
We’re growing and looking for the best fresh market shopping locations to expand in Southwestern Ontario. Our mission is to provide customers with the best fresh foods and friendliest customer service while becoming an integral part of the community and supporting other local vendors.

If you have a retail location you think would make a good site for Farm Boy, please review the following guidelines and send your ideas and pictures to
our real estate team.

The basic criteria for a Farm Boy™ site include:

• 20,000 – 28,000 sq. ft.
  • Dedicated customer parking – four parking spaces per 1,000 sq. ft. of GLA
  • Site access – good frontage and visibility
  • 80,000 population in a five kilometer radius
  • Near a major retail centre is preferred
  • Truck turning radius with ability to receive 53’ trailers
  • Two loading bays
  • Permitted inside and outside eating areas
  • Pylon sign
  • Farm Boy store front design and signature timber entrance (to be part of the Site Plan approval)
  • Right side customer entrance

Last edited:
I was told by an Farm Boy employee that the 2 busiest locations in Ontario are on Brown's Line Etobicoke and Whitby. The Etobicoke store is only 20,000 sq ft. So there's still room for Expansion in Etobicoke.
Personally, I hold out hope that a Farm Boy will open up there....longshot I know however one can always dream. lol

You have your wish, it is a Farm Boy!

Well this should be interesting! Hopefully Sobeys doesnt screw up the Farm Boy brand to the point that it becomes a shell of its current self.

If they dont, it will make for a dynamic addition to the neighbourhood and it will be an extremely high grossing store. I'm surprised Loblaws/ one of their brands didn't line up for this location because to be frank, the amount of foot traffic here is fantastic for any retailer.

Back