Toronto 500 Sherbourne | ?m | 34s | Times Group | Northgrave

Thanks for the response. I was told the drawers will be "anti slam" & it didn't even cross my mind that it should be an upgrade. I would have asked for a quote & decide if I can &/or want to afford it. I guess I'm "upset" cos I felt like I was mislead and also not given a choice to have the upgrade. Other than that, I'm very happy with how the building is turning out. I can't wait for my PDI end of April.

Yea, slam proof is usually an upgrade. I think you'll be happy with the kitchen eitherway. I was very impressed with the finishes and the workmanship.

Thanks for the additional pics! Lobby will look great.

Yea, slam proof is usually an upgrade. I think you'll be happy with the kitchen eitherway. I was very impressed with the finishes and the workmanship.

Thanks for the additional pics! Lobby will look great.

Thanks JayBee. I'm sure I'll be happy, just being whiny at this point.

I've got a OT question for everyone / anyone... I'm currently in a rental apartment & I can only terminate the rent at end of month. My scheduled move in is on the 11th May so I'll be paying "double rent" from 12th - 31st. Any idea / suggestions I can minimise this?

Thanks JayBee. I'm sure I'll be happy, just being whiny at this point.

I've got a OT question for everyone / anyone... I'm currently in a rental apartment & I can only terminate the rent at end of month. My scheduled move in is on the 11th May so I'll be paying "double rent" from 12th - 31st. Any idea / suggestions I can minimise this?

Write your landlord a dated letter terminating your residency mid-month and see what they say. I presume your not in a lease & on month-to-month and that you are still giving them minimum 60 days notice. If you don't get back anything in writing contact the Property Manager or Leasing Agent to confirm your move-out date and that your last month's rent will be pro-rated and refunded. Lots of people move out mid-month, some landlords allow it and some don't. Be absolutely sure that you have your move-in date confirmed before giving notice where you are now.

Your photos of 500 look terrific, it's nicely done there.

March 16th Update

500 Sherbourne from above

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Thanks for posting the pictures. Fantabulous. The sink in the bathroom looks very nice!
When will your mom get her keys?

Thanks for posting the pictures. Fantabulous. The sink in the bathroom looks very nice!
When will your mom get her keys?

Tuesday.

Sales office has moved as well. Took a look at the lobby again... They've gotten a lot done since the PDI. It's huge. 5 units have already been occupied.

Tuesday.

Sales office has moved as well. Took a look at the lobby again... They've gotten a lot done since the PDI. It's huge. 5 units have already been occupied.

I noticed the sales office being moved just yesterday. They were suppose to move on Wednesday but it wasn't ready. I went in to the lobby yesterday too & there were quite a few workers at the "letterbox" area tiling away. Now that my husband is back we'll try to take more pictures (he is the one with photography knowledge; not a whole lot but alot more than me)

I didn't know there were units occupied already. That's exciting news. Have you decided on what you want to do?

Another OT question... Anyone has recommendation for paint?
Thanks

I really like Para Paints & Benjamin Moore, I've always had good results from them. Bottom line spend the money and don't buy the cheap grade paints, you'll be doing double or triple coats and it won't hold up over time. Don't skimp on good rollers and paint brushes either. Finally, I like eggshell, but that's just a preference.

Thanks "dreamer" & "geek" for the recommendation. We've heard of Benjamin Moore but have not used it. Will check all the recommendations out for sure.

Yes, totally agree with getting quality stuff cos we intend to keep the same paint for at least 5 years or as long as it'll last us. Not a big fan of painting to be honest.

Eggshell is beautiful, it's definitely a "go-to" color if you like simple / elegance. We are gonna go "white'ish" with a tint of blue or grey.

Hopefully the weekend is nice cos it's time for furniture shopping!!!

Went around taking pictures again today at about 3.40pm. Here goes...

North view. No changes except you can see the blinds are up for units that are ready for "move-in"
25665_375988353540_661213540_3765171_8244540_n.jpg

West view. Blinds are down "blocking" the afternoon sun.
25665_375988393540_661213540_3765174_5697300_n.jpg

South view. All windows are up & cladding on balconies are almost all done too.
25665_375988403540_661213540_3765175_5946872_n.jpg

25665_375990143540_661213540_3765188_2281325_n.jpg

The "cargo lift" is "detached" from the loft units.
25665_376007178540_661213540_3765628_7292286_n.jpg

Front desk & the "water feature" at the left of the picture
25665_375990168540_661213540_3765192_2518837_n.jpg

The lounge are to the left of Sherbourne St entrance.
25665_375990158540_661213540_3765191_7486655_n.jpg

Wasn't the lounge area supposed to have plumbing? I went in and noticed that the counter is just a counter. I can't imagine how it will be used.

Wasn't the lounge area supposed to have plumbing? I went in and noticed that the counter is just a counter. I can't imagine how it will be used.

According to the rendering it's suppose to be the lounge area & there's suppose to be a toilet but I don't see how that's gonna work out. We'll have to wait & see.

Back