Toronto 500 Sherbourne | ?m | 34s | Times Group | Northgrave

LOL I'm always trying to figure out which buildings DT takes his pictures from. You move around quite a bit!

LOL I'm always trying to figure out which buildings DT takes his pictures from. You move around quite a bit!

I'm a man on the move! The set of photos from March 2nd were taken from the roof of 235 Bloor E. (the Realstar apartments at Jarvis & Bloor).

Thank you for your kind comments Redroom :)

Well well, I went for a PDI today and came away quite impressed. Obviously, there's still a lot of work to do, but it looks like they're working at a pretty good clip inside. The builder really wants to get the building registered befor 2011 so they're trying to really speed things up.

Lobby is very nice, it has an entrance on the North and East sides. Tile work is quite nice as well and I just like the whole flow from the entrance through to the mailroom and on to the elevators.

Elevators are HUGE. They have to all be a good 9ft tall.

Hallways are nice as well. Of course there's no carpet or wallpaper but i really like the design. The front doors are really nice too (wood and stainless steel). There's tile by the elevators.

The unit itself was well done. We barely found any deficiencies...we couldn't believe it. Everything was very minor as well. Finishes were quite nice but you can judge for yourself. The Ceilings really feel taller than 9ft....maybe 9 1/2 feet. The standard roller shades were not installed yet. Floors were very nice and I liked the length of the kitchen cabinets. In retrospect shoulda gone with maybe a white tile backsplash rather than grey. I also wish the balcony glass went all the way down to the floor....but I guess I'm just used to my current place. Views are great from the 7th floor though. I was shocked.

I couldn't take nearly as many pictures as I wanted to as things were pretty hectic but I managed to snap a few.

PS: I suck when it comes to taking pics and stuff so please be gentle :)

Enjoy...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/48258528@N04/

Looks good, congratulations!

I'm just now noticing... is this the same architect as BSN?

That would make a lof of sense since I don't really like the exteriors of either building. I'm more of a glass/brick guy though.

Thank you JayBee for the pictures. Excellent. Can't wait for my PDI end of April. I'll be taking pictures too!

Great pics....I bought the same unit as yours...I was just wondering if the front hall closet doors were mirrored sliders or an actual door?

Great pics....I bought the same unit as yours...I was just wondering if the front hall closet doors were mirrored sliders or an actual door?

frameless, mirrored sliders

Oh, I didn't buy the unit, my mother did as an investment property.

very nice interiors Jaybee ... following Majestic Court in Markham, another well done Times Group project ... I'm impressed

Awesome Jaybee... I for one would never get tired of that view-- even though it's not a "bird's eye", there is such a variety of building type and height that I think it will always be interesting!

Just completed my PDI today, and totally agree with Jaybee. No deficiencies except for some marks on the wall. Screen not installed on the sliding doors for balcony. Very good finishes and workmanship. Lobby will look very good, elevators are big, hallways to the units are quite large. Too bad I purchased for investment. I hope the one I purchased in liberty village to live in looks as good.

I'm just curious. For buyers of this condo, were you told that the kitchen drawers will be "slam proof" like the ones in the Rezen sales office? I sure as hell was told that & I was really looking forward to it. Someone told me it is not "slam proof" & now I'm a little pi**ed cos I felt like I was mislead. I would have consider paying extra just to get the "slam proof" mechanics if it doesn't cost me an arm or a leg.

no "anti slam drawers", they were an upgrade. Never heard of these being standard in a cookie cutter builiding. I was quoted $1,200 for only a bank of drawers in another project that I purchased in. Seems like a complete rip off, not sure how much the Times Group was charging.

no "anti slam drawers", they were an upgrade. Never heard of these being standard in a cookie cutter builiding. I was quoted $1,200 for only a bank of drawers in another project that I purchased in. Seems like a complete rip off, not sure how much the Times Group was charging.

Thanks for the response. I was told the drawers will be "anti slam" & it didn't even cross my mind that it should be an upgrade. I would have asked for a quote & decide if I can &/or want to afford it. I guess I'm "upset" cos I felt like I was mislead and also not given a choice to have the upgrade. Other than that, I'm very happy with how the building is turning out. I can't wait for my PDI end of April.

Last edited:
Pictures taken 11th March

Went into the lobby today & took some pictures. Some of the pictures are very dark cos I suck at taking indoor pictures with yellow lightings...

Standing at the Wellesley Lane entrance looking left at the reception area.
26357_357119288540_661213540_3676693_1727565_n.jpg

Standing infront of the reception "desk" looking south. Main entrance on Sherbourn on the left corner of picture. It's a shame the pillar is right in the middle.
26357_357174603540_661213540_3676750_856944_n.jpg

Still at the reception "desk" looking west. That's the door to Business Centre (beside the 2nd entrance)
26357_357174668540_661213540_3676752_2675366_n.jpg

Mail area just before entering the bank of elevators.
26357_357206418540_661213540_3676871_3506268_n.jpg

"Ceiling light" at the elevators
26357_357159288540_661213540_3676723_5350157_n.jpg

Tiles around the elevators.
26357_357159333540_661213540_3676724_5978742_n.jpg

Hope you enjoy the pictures. I'll try to take some pictures in the morning next time. By then the lobby will be more done. Should be good.

Back