Toronto 500 Sherbourne | ?m | 34s | Times Group | Northgrave

I always love seeing this view! That block could serve as a model on how to properly mix mid and high density. The block seems cohesive and 'finished' ... atleast from above.

The structure for the "cargo lift" is coming down. It's been pulled down all the way to the 21st floor. They still need to finish up the balconies just right of the lift/elevator.

I'll try to take some pictures when the sun comes out. The sun is no where to be seen & I'm not liking it!

Well said. The mix of properties built on the site of the former Wellesley Hospital was well planned and a couple of great buildings came out of it too.

The "cargo lift" is completely taken down today! There are a few workers on overtime in the lobby.

Hi everyone... It's been awhile. There weren't too much happening on the exterior. They are still working on finishing balconies beside the cargo lifts. Took some pictures but quality is not too good as it was a "flurry" day. So here we go...

On the 28th Jan, Appliance Canada dropping off stuff
17171_283917433540_661213540_3452595_4171736_n.jpg

On the 30th Jan, "pre-cast" (or is it called cladding; I'm always confused) for balconies
17171_283917448540_661213540_3452596_255177_n.jpg

Notice in this picture, the pre-cast is up to 15th floor. As of today, 5th Feb, they are up to 22nd floor.
17171_283901868540_661213540_3452525_1177636_n.jpg

500 Sherbourne at sunset

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Just a quick update... They are "testing" the water feature in the lobby. We actually saw them turn it on for awhile. I also managed to ask the foreman on the progress "indoors". Floors & cabinets are installed up to the 10th floor & that's on Tuesday. We saw Raywall (supplier of the kitchen cabinets) truck again today so I guess they are really trying real hard to be ready for the first batch of move-ins in mid march.

Feb 21st Update

Various shots on a sunny day from the south, east, north and from above. I thought the difference in the colour of the building on the north and south sides - one side in the sun, one in the shade - was very dramatic.

The north side of 500 Sherbourne (just to the left of the Rogers sign) near sunset from above

Last edited:
awesome pics DT! I havent been following this thread much since the buildings exterior was completed so I had lots of catching up to do. Looks like you've discovered that sunset/dusk is the best time for pics... everything is in that middle range of brightness that cameras just love!

Back