Toronto 50 Bloor Street West | 230.11m | 70s | Morguard Corporation | Pellow + Associates

Its cumberland but it says holts? now im even more confused

It appears this design has a secondary entrance off Cumberland as well as the parking entrance. The render depicts the BMO building on Bloor, Manulife Centre, and in the far distance, the CN tower. The building on the far left margin is one of the Cumberland Terrace development towers I believe..

If thats 277m to the top, then this thing is going to be wiiiiiide, like masssive wide based on this elevation sketch

The proportions on that picture are all out of whack. Look how short 2 Bloor west looks.

Last edited:
Here is the above image of 50 Bloor West, adjusted to show 2 Bloor West's proportions as being reasonably accurate. The image is still quite tilted, but there is nothing I can do about that on my available image software.

It does seem almost certain that the height of 277m to the top of the mechanical box is close to the actual height.

50BloorWest-1.jpg

Last edited:
Might as well go for the gusto and add 23 metres to it. Maybe with an "architectural" cheater spire like Trump's.

This is gonna be monstrous in this area.

Do you think it will be easy for the developers to get a height increase later on? I'm still holding out for a 1000footer here but would still be happy with this if the design is top notch.

Wow. I hope the cycle lasts long enough for this one to go up. I wonder if that's positioned to face directly down Balmuto. If it is, the south facing units would have an awesome view.

When driving downtown on the bayview extension, the impact the FS has is massive, picturing something roughly 75m taller around there is mind boggling. it will dominate from most directions...this initial render better look reaaally good or we are going to have a huge problem

You know, the original rumour for Holt's had two 80-floor towers -- very close to the actual 83 floors made public. I wonder if there was at one point going to be twin towers on this site (there appears to be plenty of room here for two of them), but one of the towers ended up being deleted?

this on the future skyline:

3dtoronto_4_3.jpg

3dtoronto_4_1.jpg

note, One bloor is still at 238m, and with a flat roof. I think we lost the slanted roof in recent designs, so its flat, and I am waiting for an official height for the recent increase to 75 floors before increasing it.

It doesn't look very much like a Rogers Stirk and Harbour design. Hard to say, but it feel more B+H instead. Guess we will have to wait till the report goes to TEYCC.

AoD

Outside of the building itself, the other intriguing aspect of this proposal is what will happen to Holt Renfrew. They would probably have to vacate their space for about 2-3 years and then could move back into the new podium while the tower is still being constructed. The only space large enough close by to them is if they took over a reconfigured Cumberland Terrace right behind their existing store.

Back