Toronto 50 Bloor Street West | 230.11m | 70s | Morguard Corporation | Pellow + Associates

that render confuses me, if thats bloor in the foreground....and the holts site is on the north side of bloor....why the $%^ is the cn tower seen in the distance behind holts???

its a general concept render, the area around it is not to scale or accurate they just threw in things to make it look like toronto

Just in passing, if the architect gets 50 Bloor W. spiffy and cool, think about the contrast with the dreaded Hudson Bay Centre just to the east of Yonge. Wow. The owners of HBC may well be embarrassed, and if not, they should be.

Development boards are up on the site.

I walked up and read it: it says 277 m to the top of the mechanical penthouse. The design looked a lot like the Hariri Pontarini design we've seen.

Sorry but that is a little disappointing. I had hopes for reaching the 1,000' mark but not to be. This is pretty much the same height as the Trump Spire and less than 5 metres taller than Aura.

Just 23 metres away from the elusive 300m mark - or 91 feet away from 1,000 footer.....So close. Still, It will become the second tallest in the city.

277m to mechanical penthouse doesn't mean there's not going to be an architectural element that puts it 23m higher.

277m to mechanical penthouse doesn't mean there's not going to be an architectural element that puts it 23m higher.

Don't count on it. The application doesn't say "900m to the top of the architectural element".

uhh... that hariri pontarini concept is for the cumberland parking garage across from the new four seasons. look at the buildings beside it, and the shape of the lot. matches perfectly for there. that is NOT a preliminary render for 50 bloor west.

and the render is looking south, almost like it was taken half way up the shorter four seasons building. this explains the CN tower in the background.

Last edited:
uhh... that hariri pontarini concept is for the cumberland parking garage across from the new four seasons. look at the buildings beside it, and the shape of the lot. matches perfectly for there. that is NOT a preliminary render for 50 bloor west.

and the render is looking south, almost like it was taken half way up the shorter four seasons building. this explains the CN tower in the background.

You're completely right.

I wonder if Holt's has entered into talks for a temporary location on the Minto site after the garage comes down.

I didn't say that Hariri Pontarini design was for this site. But that's what the design for this site looks like.

I wasn't meaning to talk to you directly, it just that others were mentioning how it was a preliminary renders for 50 bloor west, when to me it was rather obvious that it wasn't.

Last edited:
Sweet. I saw the board posted on the alleyway on the east side of the existing Holt Renfrew complex. Just letting you know, though I assume they would all be up by now.

Back