Toronto 401 Bay Street | 143.86m | 33s | Cadillac Fairview | WZMH

Oh boy, I am a bit nervous about this one, will hold my judgement until completed, at least if "The One" ever gets built we will have a super tall cousin to The Simpsons original Tower ; )

IMG_4878.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4878.JPG
    IMG_4878.JPG
    303.1 KB · Views: 552
That cladding on the left looks far better than the stuff they have been using. Im not holding my breath, but lets hope they have come to their senses.

That's significantly better. But didn't they already clad the west side almost entirely? I'd love for them to have changed their mind but I'm not that confident that they're going to throw out what amounts to hundreds of thousands if not a million dollars of cladding because they didn't like the colour.

Last edited:
Maybe they purchased cladding from a discount bin somewhere?

"I'll take all of what you have of this leftover grey stuff, and then a bit of this black stuff over here"

I really hope this doesn't mean we are getting two different treatments on this tower. If so, it's even worse than the renderings suggested.

It does happen where a developer makes an aesthetic change mid stream. I doubt it from Cadillac Fairview. It's looks awful.

EDIT:

In one of the renderings you can see that the section in question is actually intended to look different. (My link didn't work.)

Back