Toronto 401 Bay Street | 143.86m | 33s | Cadillac Fairview | WZMH

Can we not butcher another building ever again like this. Gone from a handsome tower to a god awful mess. And the end product definitely doesn't compliment anything about it. Or its neighbouring towers. What a horrid idea this has been. Such a sad fate for this building. Not liking one single thing about it so far. Just me maybe.

do other cities do this to their haritage buildings? Cause this should have been saved as one. Saved In it's style. I have seen horrid buildings in Toronto desperately needing a facelift.. this is not one of them. It was fine and had character... enough to keep it around as is for another decade at least maybe two

It's not even the reclad that bothers me (the most) it's the changing of the crown and the inset portion above the podium. I wish they would just leave those details alone.

do other cities do this to their haritage buildings? Cause this should have been saved as one. Saved In it's style. I have seen horrid buildings in Toronto desperately needing a facelift.. this is not one of them. It was fine and had character... enough to keep it around as is for another decade at least maybe two

Yes; it happens everywhere. No; this was in serious need of a facade replacement. Yes; developers usually cheap out on reskins of lower class buildings.

Yes; it happens everywhere. No; this was in serious need of a facade replacement. Yes; developers usually cheap out on reskins of lower class buildings.

Most developers DGAF about how it looks architecturally. Only that they can milk as much $ out of it as possible. Theat's what they do.

Most developers DGAF about how it looks architecturally. Only that they can milk as much $ out of it as possible. Theat's what they do.

They are in it to make money and avoid bankruptcy like so many before them. I wouldn't say that's all the whole lot cares about. Many just have poor taste and facade replacements that don't generate new rents are a loss.

Sure but this is awful even by the 'standards' of the money-moving-architectural-Luddites at places like Cadillac Fairview...

How far we've fallen from Zeckendorf's 'good design is good business' mantra (though, admittedly, not all he did was 'good').

IMG_6679.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6679.JPG
    IMG_6679.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 558

Back