Toronto 401 Bay Street | 143.86m | 33s | Cadillac Fairview | WZMH

#3, for the seemingly prescient concern you register there!

Could be. If anything, I might have been first to raise contextual issues that went beyond the aesthetic (the whole "City Hall precinct" matter, etc)
Totally, the Big Picture and the Beyond the Obvious awards are all yours.

IMG_6452.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6452.JPG
    IMG_6452.JPG
    275.5 KB · Views: 326
The destruction looks about half complete. Congrats to Cadillac Fairview and all other parties involved.

Are they covering the vertical concrete sections? It looks like they will be, and the renders don't make it very clear. It will be shame if they do, the contrast between the rough concrete and smooth glass is so far the only redeeming feature of this reclad.

They have a nice, smooth, full metal jacket coming up for those.

I dont know?, but i bet by the time it's all said and done more people will like this than hate it

Not in this thread, barring an influx of ignorant newbies.

And actually, I'd reckon more people would be more indifferent/noncommittal than either liking it or hating it. Or would "hate it" on generic modern-skyscraper grounds. Or if they "like it", it'd be on functional grounds totally divorced from the aesthetic--office workers and the like. Or on generic freshening-up-of-a-modern-skyscraper grounds, sort of like how McMansions "freshen up" a "tired" neighbourhood...

Back