Toronto 335 Yonge | 55.2m | 16s | Lalani | Zeidler

I am SO tempted to call the Lalani Group's phone number which they have on the leasing signs hanging from this building, and leave a message telling them basically "Shame on you" for neglecting this building, and that it won't go unnoticed by the public that this situation is all THEIR fault.

/frustrated to no end

Last edited:
Maybe if we all left them shaming voicemails then they'd get so fed up they'd do something? Hell, if their phones are too busy recording angry messages and can't get any business calls through, maybe they'll get the message?

Looks like squatters have moved in. They seem to be very neat too.

gouldsquatrs.jpg

The owners of this building don't deserve to get a cent from a sale of this property (should an offer be made). The city should be able to confiscate it from them, citing a failure to maintain it to safe or acceptable standards. Just the fact that someone, or several people, could've been fatally crushed by the rubble should be enough. Too many buildings are lost to demolition by neglect, and we should start making examples of their owners; Walnut Hall, I'm looking at you. It should be a criminally punishable offence.

Additionally, I'd recommend seizing any other properties owned by the Lalani Group, should they happen to have any more in Toronto.

"Additionally, I'd recommend seizing any other properties owned by the Lalani Group, should they happen to have any more in Toronto. " QUOTE. egotrippin.

Rather a very slippery slope, wouldn't you say?

Regards,
J T

The Lalani Group has clearly demonstrated that they are unable to, and don't deserve to have control of properties here in Toronto. Though, due to our convoluted legal system, I'm sure it would be a nightmare to actually attempt any seizures, but I fear for the future of this city's buildings controlled by real estate owners like this.

The Lalani Group has clearly demonstrated that they are unable to, and don't deserve to have control of properties here in Toronto. Though, due to our convoluted legal system, I'm sure it would be a nightmare to actually attempt any seizures, but I fear for the future of this city's buildings controlled by real estate owners like this.

I understand from where you are comming; just fearful of where you are going!

Regards,
J T

Last edited:
There has been nothing at all to update about this building since the hoarding went up. The plates and Coke cans remain in the window of Salad King, though I was amused to see a liquor license for Tatami Sushi (Frankz Finest Hot Dogs) posted on the hoarding.

4950381582_259e4d6798_b.jpg

4949787745_9b1dfb9a68_b.jpg

Yonge Street just seems to be in a sorry state. Shame.

It's always been like this, for decades now ... I do like the stretch south of Bloor - I hope it doesn't change to much - I think Aura / Ryerson and the like will bring drastic change over time

Here we go with the Yonge Street bashing, yet again.

Back