Toronto 335 Yonge | 55.2m | 16s | Lalani | Zeidler

The Lalani Group has clearly demonstrated that they are unable to, and don't deserve to have control of properties here in Toronto.

Neither should the RCMP or other federal agencies. See Walnut Hall as an example.

...but, what are you going to do about it?

If the building sits like this through the winter won't damage to the interior and the structure escalate? I'm growing increasingly worried that we're going to lose this building, it's been five months now and nothing has been done.

Why hasn't the media asked the city how the 2nd floor renovation got past the building inspectors?
Why didn't the building inspector do anything about the lack of brick ties?

WOW an hour later - what ever is on fire is it is still burning strong - upgraded to a 4 Alarm !!!!

It's been upgraded to a 4 alarm now, but no mention of it on any news sites yet. I'm east of Yonge too, but all of my windows face southeast so I can't see anything

OMG ! just overheard on Toronto fire "south side of the building HMV having trouble to contain"

It's been upgraded to a 4 alarm now, but no mention of it on any news sites yet. I'm east of Yonge too, but all of my windows face southeast so I can't see anything

I can't believe how slow the news sites are in reporting this. I am about 1 mile east of the yonge and dundas and the air is thick with the smell of smoke.

I started a new thread ("Fire On Gerrard Street") at about 4:30 & have been running back & forth grabbing photos, processing them & uploading them. I didn't know this thread was already here.

I can't quite locate where this is all coming from, it looks like Gerrard Street around Ryerson, perhaps a little further west at Yonge. I noticed a lot of siren noise a little after 4am, glanced out and saw the smoke at 4:15 then grabbed the camera. Even though the wind is blowing east, I can smell it from here. This is a big one, no doubt about it.

4:20am:

4:40am:

5:00am:

Last edited:
OMG!!!! I am listening live and I just heard a Fireman issue a MAYDAY after "falling through the floor" at 333 Yonge street

Back