Toronto 2150 Lake Shore | 215.75m | 67s | First Capital | Allies and Morrison

The lobby list is still a great source for info. It's been accurate about 90% of the time.

What's more interesting is the hysterical and selfish nimby response. This land will be rezoned highrise, perhaps mixed use, but nimbies you will see at least 3000 new residents here.

The lobby list is still a great source for info. It's been accurate about 90% of the time.

What's more interesting is the hysterical and selfish nimby response. This land will be rezoned highrise, perhaps mixed use, but nimbies you will see at least 3000 new residents here.

That is absolute bullshit and you know it.

I live in this area. I am as pro-development as you'll get in Mimico. However, there is a line that is drawn and will not be crossed. This area will grow by about 20-30 thousand residents once all is said and done (this is based on currently completed/uc/proposed buildings, not including the Kraft lands). There has been basically no infrastructure or community improvements to handle the increased population. It is starting to be felt as Lake Shore can get quite backed up and Park Lawn is always a mess (due to drivers exiting to take Lake Shore since the Gardiner is perpetually clogged). On top of all of this you want to add another 10k residents? Are you out of your mind?

People keep bringing up Liberty Village, but that is not an accurate comparison. LV is less dense, will have less residents upon full build out and contains many more ways of moving people (multiple transit lines and a GO station in the actual neighbourhood). Not to mention an actual road network versus one east/west street and one north/south. This area simply cannot handle the increased population without some sort of massive infrastructure program to allow it.

Let Concord/whomever build 20 condo towers. I'm all for it! IF this is done in tandem with a GO station on the lands, the WWLRT and massive community perks.

The city and province need to get real. Where intensification happens on this scale outside of the downtown core, the government should build rapid transit as the buildings go up.

Last edited:
That is absolute bullshit and you know it.

I live in this area. I am as pro-development as you'll get in Mimico. However, there is a line that is drawn and will not be crossed. This area will grow by about 20-30 thousand residents once all is said and done (this is based on currently completed/uc/proposed buildings, not including the Kraft lands). There has been basically no infrastructure or community improvements to handle the increased population. It is starting to be felt as Lake Shore can get quite backed up and Park Lawn is always a mess (due to drivers exiting to take Lake Shore since the Gardiner is perpetually clogged). On top of all of this you want to add another 10k residents? Are you out of your mind?

People keep bringing up Liberty Village, but that is not an accurate comparison. LV is less dense, will have less residents upon full build out and contains many more ways of moving people (multiple transit lines and a GO station in the actual neighbourhood). Not to mention an actual road network versus one east/west street and one north/south. This area simply cannot handle the increased population without some sort of massive infrastructure program to allow it.

Let Concord/whomever build 20 condo towers. I'm all for it! IF this is done in tandem with a GO station on the lands, the WWLRT and massive community perks.

The city and province need to get real. Where intensification happens on this scale outside of the downtown core, the government should build rapid transit as the buildings go up.

Yup, cheers. The fact that there hasn't been any improvement in transit in the area is a complete joke. Our councilor has been in office since 2003. Has anyone seen any transit improvements in South Etobicoke at all? I can't really think of any at Humber Bay, and yet, dozens of buildings have been built there in the last 12 years.

Yup, cheers. The fact that there hasn't been any improvement in transit in the area is a complete joke. Our councilor has been in office since 2003. Has anyone seen any transit improvements in South Etobicoke at all? I can't really think of any at Humber Bay, and yet, dozens of buildings have been built there in the last 12 years.
He seems beat his chests on the regular, trumpeting the fact that managed to get a new express bus service for Humber Bay residents. Aka, the nearly empty 145 Humber Bay Express which has been his only infrastructure investment in the past 12 years. From an infrastructure perspective, Metrolinx has done more for the community then this guy ever will.

On June 6th.

DSC_6401.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_6401.JPG
    DSC_6401.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 1,190
Thanks for the photo! Although it is unlikely, this seems to be an ideal location for another college/university campus.

Thanks for the photo! Although it is unlikely, this seems to be an ideal location for another college/university campus.

Wouldn't they need another elementary school in the area, with all the high rises popping up surrounding it. Maybe they developers should include an elementary school or schools (one for the TDSB and one for the TCDSB) on the lower levels of any building they do.

^Good point. A redevelopment of this size would also have space for a new library and community centre as well, possibly serving Humber Bay Shores to the west.

Anything except for Condos would do wonders for this site. Honestly this area wont be able to handle any traffic if more are built on this site.

Wouldn't they need another elementary school in the area, with all the high rises popping up surrounding it. Maybe they developers should include an elementary school or schools (one for the TDSB and one for the TCDSB) on the lower levels of any building they do.

They can look at the redevelopment of North Toronto Collegiate as inspiration.

They can look at the redevelopment of North Toronto Collegiate as inspiration.

I forgot we have a forum thread for this. Here is the end product. I think you could have massive success by just a simple copy+paste of The Republic somewhere in the Mondelez site. The field especially I am sure would be a massive hit for the community.

Now as for the topic of single developer vs many developers, I think it would actually be a fantastic idea to expand Waterfront Toronto's mandate after the Pan-Am Games to Humber Bay and have them oversee the development of the Mondelez site.

^Good point. A redevelopment of this size would also have space for a new library and community centre as well, possibly serving Humber Bay Shores to the west.

I agree that schools, a library, and a community centre should be included in the development. Since most of the high-rises have swimming pools (and friends would likely be invited to use them), so they wouldn't need it for them, baring a requirement for the non-high-rise people or for future Olympic hopefuls.

Back