Toronto 2150 Lake Shore | 215.75m | 67s | First Capital | Allies and Morrison

As far as I know the Mondelez has applied for re-zoning of the site to "regeneration area". Meaning that it will not be residential-only, but will need to undergo a planning study and have a mix of uses. Even if the site is in fact going to Concord, it doesn't mean that condos is the only thing that's going to be built

It is. My source also told me about One Bloor West. Recall how accurate I was? :D

yes - very accurate ;)

UWenncO.png

oops got my users mixed up. Thank for that info UD. My skepticism was more out of fear. I just couldn't bring myself to believe that CA was returning to grace our city with another mono us PoS.

God help us all. although withi this much growth im sure we can finally get our much pinned for parklawn GO station and Streetcar Loop..... or at least thats what a sensible decision might look like....

given the restrictions on vision glass. is this going to be a field of Quartz and Spectra like crap? oh boy

urbandreamer,

Do you have any details regarding this info? I take it the screenshot you posted is from the City of Toronto Lobbyist Registrar Log, which indicates that Concord is lobbying W6 councilor and Deputy City Manager with regards to the Christie site. Does this mean that Mondelez has sold the land to Concord? Is this lobbying in regards to approving the re-zoning application?

You can view the log entry by searching for "Mr. Gabriel P. Leung" at the following link: http://app.toronto.ca/lobbyistsearch/searchInput.do

I've been a visitor of this site for many years and i've been resisting to join for some odd reason, but this project put me over the line.

If it's true that Corcord Adex has actually gotten their hands on this site this is the worst possible outcome for this area, and Etobicoke for that matter. South Etobicoke doesn't need a "Downtown/Cityplace West" community and all Concord is good at doing is butchering communities one building at a time. This site needs something special, and the last thing this area needs is more condos tightly packed into one large parcel of land.

To be honest Concord should be banned from developing anywhere in the city in the future, as they've already gone through 2 monstrosity developments (aka Park Place and CityPlace). Last thing we need is "Lake Place". I'll definitely be one of the first ones to write to Mark Grimes if this is true.

To be honest Concord should be banned from developing anywhere in the city in the future, as they've already gone through 2 monstrosity developments (aka Park Place and CityPlace). Last thing we need is "Lake Place". I'll definitely be one of the first ones to write to Mark Grimes if this is true.

"Lake Place". I'll remember I heard it here first ;)

Wow. Those are bad news. The community is up in arms over another condo clusterfu** at this site so I don't see them going far unless they're giving back to the community.

If I lived in Humber Bay Shores, I'd be very worried right now. I thought the city learned its lesson in selling a large plot of land to just one developer? I hope it did anyway. I guess we'll have to wait to see how the city deals with this.

If I lived in Humber Bay Shores, I'd be very worried right now. I thought the city learned its lesson in selling a large plot of land to just one developer? I hope it did anyway. I guess we'll have to wait to see how the city deals with this.
I would be extremely worried if I lived there as well. Heck I live 10 mins drive away and i'm still very worried. I dont want to add any fuel to the "fire" right now per se, but this area definitely cant absorb another huge development like what is currently going on around there, nonetheless a "Lake Place". From an infrastructure perspective the Gardiner around that section is already at its limits, and Lake Shore is approaching its limits (past the Humber River at rush hour). Once the current round of developments has been fully completed Park Lawn will be a zoo all the way to Queensway, and the Queensway itself will have serious traffic issues. Add to that the 501 will not be able to absorb significant demand at its current service levels and even if there was another GO station at Park Lawn, the Lakeshore West line is already packed at rush hour.

I'm sorry but Corcord is really over their heads if they think they're going to get away with a 3rd development like the other two PoS developments they've already done.

Back