Toronto 160 Front West | 239.87m | 46s | Cadillac Fairview | AS + GG

Any news on this one?

Hahaha...Gee, you had me all excited when opening the thread, thinking some big announcement was going down
Anyways you will probably hear something on the condo portion once Ice 1-2 approaches its final stages, i doubt you well hear anything regarding the office component for a couple of years

This starts to get more interesting in the context of the anticipated Oxford Development on the south side of the street a few yards west. The scale will rival SouthCore, but it would be nice to see a slightly different design theme.

This starts to get more interesting in the context of the anticipated Oxford Development on the south side of the street a few yards west. The scale will rival SouthCore, but it would be nice to see a slightly different design theme.

what is this "anticipated oxford development" you speak of? across the street and to the west is the convention centre...

a little bit of a hint from user Leftcoaster at SSP:

156 Front is going through a redesign to suit a specific tenant, we'll see if it sticks.

The new design looks amazing I might add and it is from a pretty big architect. ;)

and a later response..

Well it doesn't have a tenant so lets not get ahead of ourselves here, it is just being redesigned to attract a certain tenant. The likelyhood of it happening is still pretty low at this stage.

And no its not Manulife. I still doubt they'll ever move.

a little bit of a hint from user Leftcoaster at SSP:

and a later response..

I heard about this about 3 weeks ago. The hints I received are pretty vague but 'big multinational tenant so multinational you can't say it comes from any country' and 'the most famous American architect alive'. Also, I might just be making this up, but I think the tenant is looking for space in the vicinity of 600k sqf.

All pretty vague, I wasn't even given the industry of the tenant as it would give it away!

I asked and no. I have no idea.. I've been running this set of hints by a bunch of people and we can't seem to get what is 'so multinational that it doesn't come from anywhere'.

I think it's the Umbrella Corporation. Their last HQs got nuked.

Wow 600K ... only the largest Canadian companies would want that amount of space ... and hard to envision another company relocating a HQ here i.e. one would think it would be local.

meh, time will tell, not getting my hopes up !

I hear Google is going on a hiring spree here, perhaps they want to scoop ex-RIM employees from Waterloo who can commute in. Also stories about creative types wanting to be downtown.

Wow 600K ... only the largest Canadian companies would want that amount of space ... and hard to envision another company relocating a HQ here i.e. one would think it would be local.

meh, time will tell, not getting my hopes up !

Really eh... This is what I alluded to a few weeks ago on SSC.

Back