Toronto 160 Front West | 239.87m | 46s | Cadillac Fairview | AS + GG

One thing that has not been mentioned here, we now have several addresses listed on the notice:

156-174 Front Street
43-52 Simcoe Street

I assume that the condo building will have the Front Street address, and the office building will have the Simcoe Street address.

Design aside, I'm pleased that there will be a major office component on this site. I had feared that it would end up all condo. This represents a true westerly expansion of the CBD.

Thanks for the picture of the model Ramako - that explains a lot. I agree, it is great to see another majpr office building proposed for downtown and i like the way they have managed to make them visually diffrent (roof lines, shape etc). This will be a great addition to downtown.

From LeftCoaster at SkyscraperPage:

22444155.jpg

Reposting this, so the image will be on the current page instead of having to go back one page to see it.

I'm guessing the building in the foreground (rightside) is 171 Front st. W. Wasn't that one killed?

Dont remember 171 Front ever being officially cancelled. Instead I thought they needed additional tenants...

Thanks for posting the model, Ramako.

This development overall looks quite good in context. As per The_Architect, the massing is excellent with RBC.

Last edited:
The render makes so much more sense now seeing that model. I like the massing, and the irregular shape of the towers.

To me it looks like the distance between the two towers is similar to that between Simcoe Plaza and RBC Dexia, so no problems there. The office buildings (Simcoe Plaza, RBC Dexia, 43 Simcoe and 171 Front West if it is ever built) definitely form the core of a western extension of the CBD office tower collection (with 174 Front West filling the role of Trump).

Last edited:
I like the mix of residential and office. Too much residential clustered together never looks as good compared to when it is interspersed among office

I like the massing, and the irregular shape of the towers.

+1.

The faceting, though fairly simple, veers these sufficiently away from the boxiness we are used to in TO. I like the way the two towers relate to each other through the base, and the way they relate to their neighbours. But I think that the quality of this project will be highly dependent on how the facades are developed. Glass and mullion type will be crucial in playing up the faceted quality of the buildings. As much as I like Shangri-La (and I do like it), I think that a project like this can learn what NOT to do from that project, where the prominence of the mullions has to some extent masked the clarity of the facets.

The "zipper" feature and faceting are not only reminiscent of the Ritz and RBC Centre, but also the Delta Hotel at Southcore, only a couple of blocks to the south:

SouthCoreRend2.jpg

Joe Badali's Patio

Workers have spent today dismantling Joe Badali's Patio... sign of construction commencing sooner rather than later?

Just 3 months ago they tore down the Ritz's Sales Centre and repaved the lot for parking.

Last edited:

Back