Toronto 16 York | 154.83m | 32s | Cadillac Fairview | a—A

The Most expensive Ugly Glass Slab in Toronto, and possibly North America
This should be built in Markham Business park and not in Downtown TO

The Most expensive Ugly Glass Slab in Toronto, and possibly North America
This should be built in Markham Business park and not in Downtown TO
You need to get out more

That kinda reads like a weird stanza of beat poetry. No snaps from me, however.

November 18 has come and gone, and no signs of the PATH connection moving to the other side of York street. PCL is becoming an unmitigated disaster in both the actual construction of the tunnel and communication related to it. I was shocked when I learned that PCL budgeted 1.5 years to build a tunnel under a street, and now they’re on pace for 2 years. CIBC Square is going to beat this.

November 18 has come and gone, and no signs of the PATH connection moving to the other side of York street. PCL is becoming an unmitigated disaster in both the actual construction of the tunnel and communication related to it. I was shocked when I learned that PCL budgeted 1.5 years to build a tunnel under a street, and now they’re on pace for 2 years. CIBC Square is going to beat this.

Inside the Longos they are prepping the wall to be removed.

They are expecting it to be moved the east side shortly.

The switchover happens this week (started this Monday). The related path forum has info on it. Oddly enough ICE residents aren't receiving notices of related info from the construction site outside out building.

Ha!

I remember in September 2015 being given a flyer in Union Station saying that Bay Concourse will close and open by 2017.

I had a good laugh when I read that. As I know with 100% certainty it will not. It was sad when I overheard unsuspecting commuters talking about only a 2 year construction timeline for Bay Concourse.

Little they would know it will take 3 times as long and won't open till 2021.

People just need to be truthful and stop lying and give us the accurate timeline of how long it will actually take.

The shifted cantilever of the upper portion of the building is just a marvelous piece of architecture. Paired with the perfectly symmetrical box of prime wasted real estate of the downtown core, this project is a real award winner.

Only positive thing is the ideal floor plates for office users.

The shifted cantilever of the upper portion of the building is just a marvelous piece of architecture. Paired with the perfectly symmetrical box of prime wasted real estate of the downtown core, this project is a real award winner.

Only positive thing is the ideal floor plates for office users.
Which I have to assume was very literally their chief consideration.

Also, fine. The design of this glass box is uninspiring, but building an architectural masterclass would have been a complete waste on a site that is completely shielded by larger buildings from almost every angle. This spot in next to Union, and in the dead center of a new financial core. The only purpose is to provide appealing floor plates for major tenants to work with. Full stop.

Which I have to assume was very literally their chief consideration.

Also, fine. The design of this glass box is uninspiring, but building an architectural masterclass would have been a complete waste on a site that is completely shielded by larger buildings from almost every angle. This spot in next to Union, and in the dead center of a new financial core. The only purpose is to provide appealing floor plates for major tenants to work with. Full stop.
I'm not saying it has to be an architectural masterpiece, it simply would've been nice to see a little more that's all. All the more reason to program the building with it being at centre ice.

Today:

16 YORK 12:3 5.jpeg
DSC_2419.jpeg

Impressive change in the last decade and nice density but some variety in the cladding would have been greatly appreciated.

IMG_0346.JPG
IMG_0344.JPG
IMG_0343.JPG
IMG_0342.JPG
IMG_0341.JPG
IMG_0340.JPG
IMG_0339.JPG
IMG_0338.JPG

Back