Toronto 16 York | 154.83m | 32s | Cadillac Fairview | a—A

Here, aA is going with the mid-building volume shift to accomplish that, and it's a small enough gesture that it won't burden the building with the retaining clients problem. I'm not sure it's a big enough gesture to attract them in the first place, however: it's a bit too dull maybe.

Still, I wish the design gesture at 16 York was related to Ïce's taller east tower

I actually think the shift on 16 York is somewhat reminiscent of the overhanging balcony ledge that occurs approximately midway up each Ice tower.
I do appreciate that it is there for aesthetic reasons (rather than no real attempts made on Bremner Tower), I still would have loved something more expressive, even a decorative roof element to separate it from the others. I do wonder how the Telus tower spire would have panned out.

Yup, I see that reference to the condo towers, but to me there's nothing deferential in the 16 York design. I think something at 16 York's southeast corner that moved it a little bit more out of the way of Ïce East would accomplish that better

Maybe a cracker shaped roof on top of 16 York to go with Ïce's cheese. (Okay, maybe not).

… and I agree with @AlvinofDiaspar that the area could use a more solid-looking tower as better contrast to its surroundings.

There is now a large vinyl poster on the north wall of ICE advertising "16 York". Maybe it will actually be built!

It was installed a few weeks ago. I hope you're right. Since Allied has talked a bit about negotiations with developers, I assume CF is also in talks as tenants shop around.

It's just a poster (unless you weren't aware it is currently being marketed.)

I know it is marketed,but i would have preferred that they start first with Union Center.
For me,the design of 16 York is too boring and not bold enough.
I hope they will redesign this building for something better .
We need an unforgettable design like Union center in our downtown.
Believe me folks,if they put Union Center on the market,It will be leased quickly.

Union Centre is by a different developer. Regardless, Corporate real estate is not going to limit themselves to one development on either side. All these proposals are available for lease.

There's so few tenants that could anchor 160 Front that maybe it's not necessary to have a marketing campaign. :)

16 York is the quicker sell as it's smaller and a better overall location. That's probably why it is being pursued first. That doesn't mean 160 Front isn't available to a large tenant

I also wish this proposal was more interesting. The scheme doesn't fit in with Ice at all. I'm certain it boils down to budget .

Thank you for your statement.
Passion is crucial to make something extraordinary.
You know, a lot of architects and developers lack passion for their city and job .
And because of that, we have a lot of uninspired projects with a pathetic architecture .
I know that Cadillac Fairview is a good developer,but for 16 York, they should improve its architectural expression.
They should honor surrounding building like Ice condos,10 York, Harbour Plaza,L tower or Delta.
All those awesome building should be an inspiration for architects and developers.
If union center ,160 Front, Bay Park Center,1 Yonge and Mirvish Gehry are built,the skyline will be epic and wonderful.
So,i will be in peace and relieved.
This the declaration of a man who love his city and country.
:)

Real estate development is a business. You don't stay around by risking more than what the market warrants.

Real estate development is a business. You don't stay around by risking more than what the market warrants.

I know that very well.
I have an undergraduate degree in finance.
I just hope that these tower can find a tenant quickly.

Back