News   Jul 09, 2024
 838     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.7K     3 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 624     0 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

What do you think of the ones on the GO Trains ... that are just blank now.

I haven't ridden the GO (urban dweller), but since the GO is above ground, passengers can see outside scenery, and can receive cell signals etc (less captive an audience), therefore these screens have less value in my opinion.

No new news on a new door manufacturer but this should not stop them from making the trains. Doors can be put on later, I just hope they do not "x" amount of this style and "y" amount of new ones.....it gets confusing and a pain in the arss when you have to fix them.

As for the screens Im not really to concerned about them as of now, Im sure there will be something to entertain the masses. As for the subway maps Im not sure what is going on with them but we are replacing them on every safety and standard inspection. I ride the system every day to work and I am yet to see a person stealing them. But when I do .........lol

The screens are a good idea, but they won't be used to their maximum potential, mainly because of the number of screens per car... And people most people (not all) really appreciate things like this, I however do. Unfortunately these screens aren't a major feature with these trains, there are much more features that need attention, and that have more of an impact,like the Gangways! I can't wait for that! Or the Visible stop announcements like the ones posted above.

Agram- I didn't know you were insode the actual train! I'm interested in knowing if the interior design from the mock-up was the same this one:

2721710147_ef2c9b80c3_o.jpg

Or was it changed I hope not... I really liked this design. Oh and how were the gangways :D?

Last edited:
The gangways were dangerous and have to be re-designed. When the train goes into a turn the bottom plates raise up about a good 2 inches which is a serious problem. The interior is pretty much the same but the one we were on every thing looked shabby and cheap. The best part of this train might be the drivers cab but unfortunatelly none of you will be able to see it. For those of you that like to ride in the front car, well its useless now as you can not see out the front window as it will be blocked by the drivers cab.

The gangways were dangerous and have to be re-designed. When the train goes into a turn the bottom plates raise up about a good 2 inches which is a serious problem. The interior is pretty much the same but the one we were on every thing looked shabby and cheap. The best part of this train might be the drivers cab but unfortunatelly none of you will be able to see it. For those of you that like to ride in the front car, well its useless now as you can not see out the front window as it will be blocked by the drivers cab.

meh, o well, we can still ride in the back =) no wait...the back is the same as the front isn't it...aww...dang it....

so the gangways have to be redesigned eh....man, that means the trains will be further delayed...

There should be some photos around of the controls of the cab mock-up that was displayed at the 2008 APTA Expo. I know some people who went, so perhaps I can obtain photos from them. Though things could have changed between the mock-up and production cars.

Last edited:
There should be some photos around of the controls of the cab mock-up that was displayed at the 2008 APTA Expo. I know some people who went, so perhaps I can obtain photos from them. Though things could have changed between the mock-up and production cars.

I checked but i couldnt find anything... mostly the exterior! of the mockup

TTC12: I like the interior of the new cars(Ryan Flores pic) except for the overhead poles-if there were twin standee parallel poles placed above more hands could hold them then just the red "strap" handles...LI MIKE

I just picked up my metropass at union station. Asked the attended about the new trains - he said they were "testing them at the wilson comlpex, will be in service mid year".

Take it for what it's worth.

I just picked up my metropass at union station. Asked the attended about the new trains - he said they were "testing them at the wilson comlpex, will be in service mid year".

Take it for what it's worth.

sERIOUSLY...... if that is really true Hallelujah!!!!1!

That's incredible! However, I find it hard to wait that long. Anyway, I asked an attendant at Finch the other day and he also said they would be out midyear. That is a very good sign, meaning that this is correct. Unless something else goes wrong...

Back