News   Jul 10, 2024
 113     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 906     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.8K     3 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

My god, I found someone who likes Betty from Ajax's voice, who doesn't know Sum-ummer Hill from Summerhilll, and doesn't know that the Mill in "York Mill" is actually pluralized. And doesn't know how to use her indoor voice sometimes.

I'm shocked.

Well there's actually two versions of York Mills, in one the 's' is more prominent than in the other, since i ride the Yonge line everyday; i've notcied that if you listen carefully you'll here the 'S'. I haven't noticed the one with Summerhill though, maybe a pause between Summer and Hill. I like the fact that it sounds more human, that's what I like I suppose. I really don't see anything wrong with our current announcements, better than nothing.

Last edited:
asked an attendant at Finch the other day and he also said they would be out midyear.

Is this actually true? Or has "doorgate" slowed down delivery? I think they need to roll out either the TR or the new streetcars, maybe that will help win back the public's trust.

Doorgate? This isn't a scandal, the supplier went under. What does new vehicles have to do with the public trust? The current fleet is working so how is replacing working vehicles with shiny new ones going to convince the public money isn't being wasted?

Is this actually true? Or has "doorgate" slowed down delivery? I think they need to roll out either the TR or the new streetcars, maybe that will help win back the public's trust.

They are waiting to use them as a November surprise to revive Giambrone's political fortunes.

I don't mind the subway lady voice. I just have issues with some of her pronunciations. E.g. Bloor sounds like she's saying bloo-ur

The current fleet is working so how is replacing working vehicles with shiny new ones going to convince the public money isn't being wasted?

You are underestimating "The Publics" love of shiny new things. Remember, the last three years have been announcement after annoucement of billions being spent, but without anything immediate to show for it. Many people can't make the "Oh so this is what my fare/taxes pay for" connection when one extra bus is added to their route and it runs an extra hour at night, but they will make that connection when they see and ride the substantially upgraded vehicles that have been bought.

TR drawn.JPG

This is a drawing i made of the TR on photoshop/paint.:D

Attachments

• TR drawn.JPG
    TR drawn.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 1,756
Well considering 3 trucks are at Grenwood Shop to fix flat wheels I cant see how the new train is being tested at Wilson complex lol! Wilson Complex is still being finished so no repairs can be done and not one mechanic has been trained on them. The trains should be here sometime in August, with another 2-3 months of testing and no problems encountered we should ride them sometime around Christmas time. The door manufacturer has been taken over by Bombardier and they have re-hired a lot of the old staff. Any new news and I will post it here.

Cool! Thanks for the update Agram! Better late than never.

Agram: Thanks for the update! It's cool that they took over the door company, now the have better control over the doors, that's excellent news. Oh can I ask you a question? whats your favourite train model the TTC owns? I really enjoy the H4, and H5's, i'd love to see a H1 upclose... have you ever driven one?

I have driven all the trains except the G trains as I wasn't yet employed by the TTC. So far I would have to say my fav train were the old Montrealers. With dual controls, those trains rocked. As for the streetcars I would have to say the PPC cars were great to drive also.

I have driven all the trains except the G trains as I wasn't yet employed by the TTC. So far I would have to say my fav train were the old Montrealers. With dual controls, those trains rocked. As for the streetcars I would have to say the PPC cars were great to drive also.

cool . after i graduate i want to work for the ttc and drive the t1 and tr!

Last edited:
Work as a driver, I would seriously reconsider that option! Trust me you do not want to be a driver.

Work as a driver, I would seriously reconsider that option! Trust me you do not want to be a driver.

well actually that is my backup plan i want to design subway cars for bombardier or an engineer testing subway cars!

Back