News   Jul 15, 2024
 731     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 890     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 627     0 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

I could see someone getting confused by that too for example do they lights mean the train has been to a stop or that that part of the line is not in service?
Well... I assume if your arrow is pointing towards a direction with 13 lit up leds it means it's going towards those 13 stations...

What about at stations having the lights of stations it's heading towards flash in sequence towards the destination point? For example, at Union bound for Finch the lights on the Yonge line would flash in sequence going up to Finch. Just kind of a visual guidance for "this train is going thiiiiiiiiis way". That would only start when the doors open though, and would stop when the doors close.

What about at stations having the lights of stations it's heading towards flash in sequence towards the destination point? For example, at Union bound for Finch the lights on the Yonge line would flash in sequence going up to Finch. Just kind of a visual guidance for "this train is going thiiiiiiiiis way". That would only start when the doors open though, and would stop when the doors close.
I'm pretty sure the LED on the next station does flash, so in my screenshot the LED for "Mong Kok" would be flashing.

They also started replacing the LED route map with LCD screens, kinda wish we made better use of the LCD screens on our trains instead of telling people who funded them.

I've always wondered what's the point of showing stations you've passed already. Who cares that the train WAS at Union, when all someone wants to know is where its going. Just illuminate the stations the train is going to in green and forget about the red.

I'm pretty sure the LED on the next station does flash, so in my screenshot the LED for "Mong Kok" would be flashing.

They also started replacing the LED route map with LCD screens, kinda wish we made better use of the LCD screens on our trains instead of telling people who funded them.

at the rate that theyre (ttc) doing the retrofits of the extra handles and speakers....you might as well plan for their eventual introduction with the T1 replacements. By that time there will probably
be some newer tech that will make it that much more sense and thus continues the spiral. TTC is too reactionary, retroactive and generally incompetent when it comes to these things.... :(

IMG_20160227_190807.jpg
A "testing" train just rolled into Dundas and opened the doors opposite to the platform. An interesting catch!

Attachments

• IMG_20160227_190807.jpg
    IMG_20160227_190807.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 613
  • IMG_20160227_190812.jpg
    IMG_20160227_190812.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 214
  • IMG_20160227_190822.jpg
    IMG_20160227_190822.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 225
I know they did that early on when they were testing the first ones so poel could not board them by mistake. Was this a four car or 6 car train?

Unfortunately I forgot to check for that, but I thought about it after it left the station. I can tell you though that the wheel assembly appeared to be new, recently replaced or just cleaned... if that helps.

Unfortunately I forgot to check for that, but I thought about it after it left the station. I can tell you though that the wheel assembly appeared to be new, recently replaced or just cleaned... if that helps.

I only asked because they have a four car train they were testing earlier on sheperd. It's also possible they might have a 6 car one as they are apparently testing one operter operations.

Seems Bombardier can't get a break lately!

Bombardier loses out on Chicago Transit Authority rail contract

http://montrealgazette.com/business...ut-on-chicago-transit-authority-rail-contract

Bombardier has been snubbed by the Chicago Transit Authority for a major rail order.

The CTA instead opted for a Chinese firm, CSR Sifang America JV, for a $1.31-billion (U.S.) deal.

The contract is for a total of 846 new rail cars, with 400 in the initial deal and options for the rest.

Bombardier had won the previous CTA contract in 2006, totalling $1 billion for 706 cars.

As part of the new deal, the Chinese company is building a manufacturing plant in Chicago to construct the new train cars.

This is not the first time Bombardier has lost out to CSR Sifang America JV. In 2014, Boston chose it over the Montreal-based company for a $566-million deal for 284 cars.

They better watch out because the next generation of train orders from Toronto go to someone else as well!

I wonder if CSR Sifang America JV has any extra capacity floating around...
They are building a $40 m plant in the Chicago area as well hiring 170 workers local including training them.

Similar to what they did for the Boston order.

A lot of the order will come from China.

So could we slip in an order for some streetcars? :)
They would love to get the rest of TTC order as well others manufactures to gain a good foot hold in NA.

If TTC puts the next order for subway cars out to a real tender, I will think TTC will be in for a sticker price shock how low the prices will be.

Back