News   Jul 10, 2024
 262     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 2.1K     4 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

At cptdb a member said that he saw the tr powered up parked in a storage tent at the kingston test track!

Last edited:
here r the pictures from him !:D

Attachments

• TR1.jpg
    TR1.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 488
  • TR3.JPG
    TR3.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 450
I'm curious, NYC has some really old trains that still chug along where as we seem to buy new ones ever 10 years....

what are the costs of maintaining them vs buying new ones? I simply ask this as I would think it would be better to use the capital money to build more stations etc vs buying 'shiny' new subways?

I guess they are taking this ttc should ride like air canada literally!?

I'm curious, NYC has some really old trains that still chug along where as we seem to buy new ones ever 10 years....

what are the costs of maintaining them vs buying new ones? I simply ask this as I would think it would be better to use the capital money to build more stations etc vs buying 'shiny' new subways?

I guess they are taking this ttc should ride like air canada literally!?

The new trains are were bought to replace the aging H-series cars, the H4's being the first one's out. I'm sure there are other reasons for not overhauling the H-series, but ours age faster because they are exposed to the elements in outdoor yards. Plus New york is also constantly buying new trains, they recently aquired the R160's, and already have 2 newer models in the works, their system is more expansive, so they need the older ones to have enough to feed the whole system, I'm sure someone else can come up with better reasons, these are just some.

TTCboy13- WOw, an excellent update, hopefully this member will start going around there more often, I really like the atriculations between each car, looks like there's progress being made, thankfully :).

Not necessarily soon because the trains still have to be tested in the TTC system and that'll take a few months so I'm hoping we can see it in use by June or July!!! It would be great if they came to service before though ;)!!

Patience, my friends, they will get here when they get here.

Although I must say, that train looks gorgeous.

Can someone get in touch with Mr. Brad Ross? Maybe he has some news for us...

Edit: Can someone also try to reach Agram? Since he is the one that's more involved in this...just wana kno if they have any extra information for us...

Last edited:
Wouldn't the TTC have to receive, and test, all TR trainsets before putting them into revenue service? My understanding, and I might be mistaken, is that a mixed fleet of T1s and TRs cannot be operated on the YUS line. If that is the case, I do not expect to see the TRs until the late summer, at the earliest.

They are not getting enough to replace all the trains needed for the YUS line in this order, so we can infer that they are compatible.

The YUS line is currently getting a signal retrofit that will enable it for ATC operation. The new TR cars are ATC capable. None of the current rolling stock is ATC capable. It's not that the T1s and TRs can't be operated together, it's that if the TTC wants to implement ATC operation at any time in the future, at that point the line will need to be 100% TR, or ATC would not be possible.

Under manual control (a la contemporary), the Hs, Ts and TRs can all run on the same track at the same time.

Can't they just rebuild the T1s to use ATC?

The T1's were built in the 1990's. Could one of your home computer from the 1990's be able to handle the current software? Or how would a high-definition blue-ray movie look like on a television from the 1990's. The hardware will not be able to handle it.

Back