News   Jul 10, 2024
 126     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 916     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.8K     4 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

It was time for change after several recent derailments with the old trains. Not sure about this... I certainly haven't heard about derailments.

In one accident, a piece of the train broke and was dragged to the next station where the broken equipment endangered everyone as it caught on the crossover track lifting the train off the tracks.

I think the derailment they are referring to happened late at night outside Kennedy station in early 2009.
I remember it the subway was closed past Warden for several days afterwards.

EDIT: it was early 2008

I want some news on the TRs, something that does not come from lousy reporters... But alas there is nothing like that, so maybe if we tried to ask Giambrone on Todays 'On the Rocket'

is it on air 9 pm tonight on CP24?

LCD screens on Rocket

does anybody know if they're going to have LCD type screens on the new cars? You know, where the existing light pannel / card advertising currently is above the windows. Does anybody have a link for a picture of this? And what's going to play on them; is it like the TV ones on the platforms?

Yeah, like that. Although it seems to be at a weird angle if its going to be above the windows. Shouldn't it be on the same sort of downward angle like the card ads, and its surroundings? Are there any other pics? Do we know the content that's going to play on it?
See TTC's useless website - http://www3.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Pr...ew_Subway_Train/Overview_and_key_features.jsp ... number 9, Safety Information Monitor "Three LCD video screens on each car will supply information such as how to use the intercoms, the yellow passenger assistance alarm strips, and the safe entry and exit of subway cars.".

I'm not sure why this is a good thing ... seems to be a) annoying and b) likely to breakdown and never be fixed

See TTC's useless website - http://www3.ttc.ca/About_the_TTC/Pr...ew_Subway_Train/Overview_and_key_features.jsp ... number 9, Safety Information Monitor "Three LCD video screens on each car will supply information such as how to use the intercoms, the yellow passenger assistance alarm strips, and the safe entry and exit of subway cars.".

I'm not sure why this is a good thing ... seems to be a) annoying and b) likely to breakdown and never be fixed

Thanks nfiz (i've seen that link, and i agree, it's a useless - cartoony mock-up), i also agree with you it may not be a good thing, if that's all it's going to do, but what if it was like Onestop's TVs hanging on the platform ceilings, showing messages of interest. Might liven up an otherwise dull ride!
So, have you seen any links to actual as-built interiors of the new cars yet, which would show a better representation of the LCDs?
Also, what's the currently expected arrival date of the first cars?

Back