News   Jul 10, 2024
 122     0 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 914     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.8K     3 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

love the H Series, they're well built, reliable(Hey they're still here and work just as well as they did 30 years ago) and they make awesome sounds.

Reliable? You are kidding right? We only use them in rush hour service because they only last a few hours on the line! :D They are old, no parts are available and basically falling apart.

when they have taken out most of the H series from service once the TR's come can we ask for parts of the subway car in memory of the H
series:D

when they have taken out most of the H series from service once the TR's come can we ask for parts of the subway car in memory of the H
series:D

Aw really? I mean I ride them everyday, and they seem to be in pretty good shape, they've never broken down when i'm on them.

One thing I do notice is that H6's look in worse state than the H5's, or is it just me? Anyways I hope they do a farewell charter when they retire them.

Reliable? You are kidding right? We only use them in rush hour service because they only last a few hours on the line! :D They are old, no parts are available and basically falling apart.
Though those padded seats are infinitely more comfortable! Seeing how good shape they are in, I'm not sure why we moved away from them - I know vandalism was always pointed too ... but they look in quite good shape!

Those are the H-4's I believe ... and though I've seen them on the BD line a fair bit in rush-hour the last couple of years or so ... I don't think I'd seen them for a few years before that ... were they all out of service for a while? Or did I just not seem for a while because my commuting habits have shifted a bit.

why don't they keep using those "couch" styled chairs? i saw them on the older H models (the one with the orange color interior) on the bloor danforth line and they seemed quite comfortable...imo

i want

I seriously want the chimes of the h or t series .... i wonder what the TR chimes will sound like!:D

who knows, they might change the tune...:confused:

personally i dun really care, the only thing i worry about now is when the revised scheduel for delivery will come out...

I'm pretty sure they'll keep the chimes, i mean all the H series, and T1's have the same tune, so why would the TTC change it? I mean they've done a good job with keeping uniformity so far. The new trains look basically exactly like the T1's, why would they change the chime?

do you think the TR will have the hising sound that T1s make when they wait for passengers at union... i like that noise. and the tss...tss.tss before the chimes go!!:D

I'm pretty sure they'll keep the chimes, i mean all the H series, and T1's have the same tune, so why would the TTC change it? I mean they've done a good job with keeping uniformity so far. The new trains look basically exactly like the T1's, why would they change the chime?

Probably, that hissing sond is the air pressure system that closes the doors, thats why you hear them before the doors close. So If the TR's use air to open and close them, they most likely will hear the release of air and such.

imagine

imagine there is some type of touch screen in the new subway cars. 2 at each end of the train and you type in where you want to go and it will show you the routes that you should take!:D

imagine there is some type of touch screen in the new subway cars. 2 at each end of the train and you type in where you want to go and it will show you the routes that you should take!:D

A good idea with a WRONG implementation. Once you're on the train you know where you're going. And already paid for that. Guidance screens should be placed on stations outside of paid zones or even better at street level.

If you need entertainment riding subway, bring your ipod/iphone/book/newspaper for that :D

Back