News   Jul 15, 2024
 247     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 387     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.9K     1 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

Offical word is that the first new trains should be arriving THIS MONTH (october). nearing the half-way point in the month.. let's all keep our eyes peeled! I've been passing greenwood and wilson regularly, but I haven't seen anything yet.. I'm super excited!!

I expect delivery will be taken at greenwood, as the delivery will almost certainly be by train, and greenwood is where these deliveries happen..

I wonder if even before they enter service, they might park a train at davisville at the extra platform for a public 'open house' so-to-speak...

Brad Ross mentioned on his twitter feed that the October delivery is to a test track which is not in Toronto. My first guess was the Millhaven facility, but apparently that was only equipped for streetcar & ICTS testing. Does anyone remember where the T-1s went through shakedown?

The train in that picture looks a bit like the new Canada Line trains, but I can't see them testing all the way out here.

The train in that picture looks a bit like the new Canada Line trains, but I can't see them testing all the way out here.
If you read down the thread, the conclusion seemed to be it was Mark II Skytrain vehicle ... so might make sense that it looks like a Canada Line train, as I'd presume they have the same livrery.

Last edited:
Yeah, that pic shows a MKII Bombardier vehicle, but it's not a Vancouver vehicle. Probably for the Yong-In EverLine in Korea.
Canada Line does not use Bombardier rolling stock.

officedweller and golodhendil are correct, these cars are for the EverLine in Korea. I snapped a few photos of the cars when they were completed, and stored before shipment behind the Bombardier factory in Thunder Bay. Here's one of the pictures showing the cars alongside Railrunner bilevels.

picture.php

Last edited:
Those poor Roadrunners. They can't be enjoying the cold. ;)

Anyway, that there's a LIMmified standard-gauge track at Millhaven isn't really in question. There also apparently is (or was) a separate Toronto-gauged track there with overhead power that was used for CLRV/ALRVs back in the UTDC days. But neither of those are much good to you if you want to test Toronto-gauged subway cars with conventional drive via third rail.

I reckon Kingston's a bit far for us to send drum118 out to hop the fence with his camera to clear this up for us.

(BTW, for pedantry's sake, it's worth pointing out that the Canada Line livery is quite distinct from the livery used by the LIM-powered SkyTrain stock. In fact, I think the word "SkyTrain" doesn't even appear on the side of any of the Canada Line Rotems. One of the quirks of having a P3 line that's part of the system and also not part of the system).

Changing the gauge has never been a significant issue before; presumably that would also be true for the new equipment. Does the track have a 3rd rail? That might be more important.

There is an article in the 'Our Toronto' seasonal propaganda 'newsletter' from the City regarding the new trains. Confirms that the first train is to undergo 'extensive testing' in Kingston this fall, and should start service in 'early 2010'.

Back