News   Jul 15, 2024
 350     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 514     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 556     0 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

ATO (Automatic Train Control) means that the train can operate without an operator on board. However, there will be an employee on board, just as on the SRT. This is also why there are so many closures on the subway during weekends, to install the needed upgrades and controls to use ATO.
The trains aren't designed to allow for them to run with no operator. Sure, the ATC installation in the tunnels would let a train designed to do so run automatically - but the trains aren't designed for this, and would require modification.

The first revenue service 4-car TR train haven't arrived yet. That's still the test train.
I'm reading reports in another forum that on Friday trainset 614 was being being tested on the Sheppard line, and that there were two 4-car trainsets parked in Davisville Yard in plain sight today - 547 and 614.

Attachments

• upload_2016-2-17_18-13-6.png
    upload_2016-2-17_18-13-6.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 541
I don't understand - sorry, what are you guys talking about?

Yesterday (Feb 17, 20016) due to some problems in greenwood yard one of the Toronto Rocket trains was in service on the bloor danforth line. We're talking about the lights on the maps on board them that show the destination of the train and lines it interchanges with

You know how the lights flash, and change colour on the subway map as the train moves? At an interchange station the entire line you are crossing flashes. Thus providing an answer to why did they bother putting lights in Line 3.

urbantoronto-4789-14544.jpg

Very cool - thanks!

I have to wonder - wouldn't it have been cheaper to just install an LCD screen in place of these signboards? They've got to be custom, with a lot of work mounting all the LED's and so on... but you can buy LCD screens for cheap since they're made in such large quantities, and then you can do whatever you want on them (show next stop, show a system map, show an ad, show a big Bombardier logo... :)

Back