News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 453     0 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

One little question....

With the new trains soon to arrive(and they look great from what I've seen) will there be security cameras already installed on them or will they be added later? I ask because I wonder how long till the windows are destroyed like the ones on other trains.

I notice that streetcars and trains with cameras installed, the scratching of the windows seem to be almost zero....

With the new trains soon to arrive(and they look great from what I've seen) will there be security cameras already installed on them or will they be added later? I ask because I wonder how long till the windows are destroyed like the ones on other trains.

I notice that streetcars and trains with cameras installed, the scratching of the windows seem to be almost zero....

If I'm not mistaken, these new cars will come with CCTV cameras in stalled. Also TTC has been using vandal protection film on their vehicles for around a year.

If I'm not mistaken, these new cars will come with CCTV cameras in stalled. Also TTC has been using vandal protection film on their vehicles for around a year.

Have you seen how bad the film has been place on the buses windows?? Slap Slap and OH!! I can peel it off as it is out side the molding.

Lets hope it will be better on the new cars.

Very interesting.....

I had no idea that this sort of thing existed.

Explains the subway cars where there is zero scratches on the windows but one question remains though. I assume they aren't using this film on the outside shelters since I see scratches on even the new shelters these days. Looks terrible.

Once again, we need to start throwing some very hefty fines at people destroying property.

Explains the subway cars where there is zero scratches on the windows but one question remains though. I assume they aren't using this film on the outside shelters since I see scratches on even the new shelters these days. Looks terrible.

Once again, we need to start throwing some very hefty fines at people destroying property.

Unfortunately, I think that the on board cameras will not be monitored live by security. Instead, it will only be looked at by security and police only after the incident. If security could watch live, they could see who is doing the scratching and act accordingly.

Well, if scratchitti does appear, authorities will be able to look back and spot the perpetrators and keep a look out for them. Very likely, it's a small group of people doing this on TTC vehicles and shelters.

Or take them to a back alley and beat the shit out of them. More effective. ;)

Anyone know when we can see the first train-set to be used for regular service on the YUS line? I heard that the first train-set should be delivered in 2009, so I'm guessing we should see something later this fall. I'm just wondering if anyone has any clearer schedule of delivery? Or has the first train-set been delayed until 2010?

The new cars look very sleek and modern. It will be a great to see them in service.

Last month, I went passed by the Wilson subway yard and there was construction on the site of a new facility for the new subway cars. Being the TTC, I will not be surprised if the new cars are delay for service.

Last edited:
Ha..............!!!

Or take them to a back alley and beat the shit out of them. More effective. ;)

While I usually frown upon violence it does serve a useful purpose sometimes and did keep people and their behaviour in check over the centuries. Once you remove the threat of authority and discipline, people start acting badly.

Case in point. Our entire society now. Now, where are my brass knuckles?

They still don't have the new bays built at Wilson to service them yet.

Only 3/4 of the structure is up and 50% of the work platform in place.

Are not the new trains supposed to be delivered to greenwood? To say that the trains will be non-existent until Wilson is upgraded is a bit harsh I think.. I've been hearing September delivery.. Maybe we should get some more eyes on greenwood, possibly someone can catch the first sighting sometime in the near future... I'm not too far away, so I'll see if I can see anything.. I'll keep y'all posted..

Back