News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 405     0 

1233 Queen East | ?m | 8s

I agree, it looks identical to the ICTS layout.

My guess is that they close off access to the front in order to give the operator a double-wide cab. If this is the case, and the rumours about the operator guarding from the rear are true, then it means access will be cut off from both ends.

Me likey. I like that it looks different, but not too different from T1.

I also see that the door slide inside. The older rendering have them sliding outside like the Shenzen design.

Google Sketchup model of the Rocket...

rocket1.jpg

Looks too institutional... I hope they spruce it up a bit... with the lighting and colours

Interestingly the Canada Line trains are built by ROTEM, same manufacturer of the MTR K-stock trains (see photo on page 10) that influenced the design of our Rocket. Aside from the colour schemes, the Rocket and the Canada Line trains look pretty similar.

New TTC cars: Hopefully those front ends are further modified....

Wylie: A good rendering of the new TTC cars-hopefully that ugly front end will be modified to something like the newest NYC Transit cars-they look much better. Since I have not read this topic recently does the TTC plan to have a full size mockup of these cars built to show them? LI MIKE

I always wondered how much money the TTC could save annually by making the front car aero dynamic and reducing drag... current design is as coefficient as a brick wall :D

re: door blockers - I'm thinking that some bright LED spotlights aimed at the door frame could be activated on the active side, just bright enough to annoy the door blocker into vacating...

I always wondered how much money the TTC could save annually by making the front car aero dynamic and reducing drag.

If we made our subway trains like this...

shinkansen_500_.jpg

I wonder how much room would be left on the train for passengers.

Back